Monday, March 31, 2008

Oh delicious risotto/my weekend/Monday

Hey everyone

I hope you had a great weekend! We had a pretty sweet weekend and accomplished quite a bit. Friday we had our usual dinner date with friends, Saturday I wrote about in my previous post, and on Sunday I went to the mall shopping with my friends Jill, Nikki, and Buffy. It was awesome to spend time with them and also to go shopping! I bought a cute new skirt, a pair of long work short/capris, a nice going out shirt, and a new workout top. Today I worked from home because I had to take Frank back to the vet. He has a double ear infection and was in a good deal of pain (poor baby!!). I also got so much work done at home!! Last night I made some sweet risotto- one of my favorite meals!

I took this recipe and edited just a bit:


http://jennieo.com/recipes/recipe_detail.aspx?Id=1147

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup minced onion
  • 1 tablespoon butter (low fat or margarine)
  • 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1 cup Arborio or California medium-grain rice
  • 1 pinch ground red pepper
  • 4 1/2 cups hot chicken broth (low sodium!!)
  • 1 pound asparagus
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Boil a large pot of water. Add chicken and cook through (no pink). Remove and cut into bite sized pieces, set aside.

In a large saucepan, sauté onion in butter and oil 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice until evenly coated. Heat broth in separate pot. Add 1 cup broth to rice. Stir until liquid is absorbed. Continue to add broth, 1 cup at a time, until all liquid is absorbed, heat/cook for 10 minutes or until rice is soft (taste it!).

Cook bite sized asparagus pieces with 1-2 tablespoons of water in the microwave. Drain water. Set aside.


Stir asparagus, chicken, red pepper and cheese into cooked rice.

No comments: