Happy Friday! Keep those Stonyfield giveaway entries coming!!
Side note: I had a wonderful day yesterday! I got to hear the baby’s heartbeat again at the doctors! I recorded a little segment (so I could send it to Josh) and have been playing it over and over ;).
A while back, I cooked up buffalo chicken calzones. I decided it was about time I make them again, but I switched up the ingredient list a bit:
- 1 cup part- skim ricotta (or whole milk or fat free, whatever you’d like)
- 1/4 cup granted romano parmesan
- 1/2 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons buffalo sauce (or a few shakes of hot sauce)
- desired quantity cooked chicken (chopped) or deli sliced chicken breast (chopped) (I used Boar’s Head Buffalo chicken breast) (note: you could make a vegetarian version with black beans)
- 1/2 a 15-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (or leave out if you’re not an artichoke fan)
- Pizza dough (homemade or store bought, I used Publix-store bought):
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together first six ingredients.
Roll out pizza dough and cut in half. Top each half of the dough with half of the filling, wrap up calzone and pinch shut.
Top a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper (to catch any topping that explodes out). Place calzones on top of parchment paper and brush each with just a bit of olive oil. Bake for 20-24 minutes. The outcome:
The outcome when you don’t pinch shut properly ;) (see “calzone” on top):
Any weekend plans?? I’m hoping to fit in brunch & a trip to see my parents (my Mama’s birthday is Monday!!).