Josh and I love grab & go breakfasts. I’m always looking for new bars or breads that can serve the grab and go purpose and can be a yummy snack. I searched online for bread recipes and couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. So, I combined up a few, made adjustments, and came up with the following:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats, ground (or oat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in a second bowl. Combine wet & dry ingredients.
Spray a loaf pan or Pyrex dish with non-stick spray. Pour batter into pan and bake for 40-50 minutes (check with a knife or toothpick to make sure its done). Other optional add ins: raisins, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries or sunflower seeds.
Any yummy bar or bread recipes to share???