Fridayyyyy! Whoop, whoop! First things first, I have something important going on this upcoming week. Given this, I may not be able to post. BUT, not to worry!! Mandi will be holding down the Itzy’s Kitchen fort.
Wednesday was a really nice day. It started out with a great workout, which was followed by work & errands. After my errands, I finally cashed in my Groupon at the Mom Spa for a deluxe manicure and pedicure. I rarely treat myself to these kind of services, but at half price….I couldn’t say no! Plus, the Mom Spa nail treatments are natural- hygienic, no harsh chemicals or fumes and they only use products that do “not contain DBT, Formaldehyde or Toluene, all of which are known to cross the placental barrier and may be a carcinogen.” Good stuff! The results:
For dinner, I decided to finally use up a container of Sabra spinach & artichoke hummus I have had sitting in the fridge for a bit.
I remember seeing Janetha use hummus as a pasta sauce and decided to give it a go.
- 1/4 cup hummus (I used Sabra spinach & artichoke hummus)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered or halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 container of pasta
- Spinach (I didn’t have any on hand, but think this would be a great add in)
Cook pasta according to package directions. In the last two minute of cooking, add in the artichoke hearts and spinach. Drain. In a large bowl, mix together hummus, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. Add in pasta and mix well. Top with additional cheese.
Delicious and easy!
Lastly, I’d like to thank a few people for some amazing items that have arrived on my door step recently:
1) Sarah for all of the great baby stuff!!!
2) My girl Kelley for the Cave Man Cookies
3) Josh’s Aunt Jeannie for the sweet baby gifts (including the babies first plush toy!!!!)
4) Chobani for some delicious goodies (full reviews to come- disclaimer: we received these products for free):
Have a wonderful weekend!!