Saturday, October 9, 2010

Weekend: Baking, Yogurt, Launch, Lunch & Pumpkins

This has been a PACKED weekend so far!! I’m going to let the pictures do most of the talking.

1. Baking: I made Chocolate, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins for the other instructors participating in the launch:

IMG_0494 

I also made my Mom a loaf of Walnut Pumpkin Bread. 

IMG_0496

2. I tried a new yogurt place with some friends including the wonderful Lindsay:

IMG_0497

 IMG_0498

 IMG_0499

 IMG_0500 My thoughts? Eh….the yogurt was not very good. It was too…icy? and not enough creamy. We still had fun though :)

3. Launch. This morning was our Les Mills Super Saturday launch! I taught Body Step 81, part of Body Pump 75 and part of Body Attack 70! My Mama and I pre-launch:

 IMG_0502

Launch pictures (during Pump):

   IMG_0503

 IMG_0507 

 IMG_0510

 

Instructors!

 IMG_0512

Christina came too! Here we are looking all kinds of exhausted afterwards:

IMG_0513

She also brought me some amazingly delicious cookies. Christina- I NEED this recipe! Thank you, Thank you!

IMG_0526

4. Lunch. After the launch, my Mom, Aunt, Josh & I headed to Boulevard Diner for what I thought was going to be brunch. Unfortunately, they stopped serving breakfast at 10:30! I thought diners served breakfast all day….. we ordered lunch and it was still good, not greasy at all.

 IMG_0514

I got the Spinach Salad with a balsamic tomato dressing:

IMG_0515 

Josh got pulled pork and I stole some of his fries :)

IMG_0517

 IMG_0518

 

Boulevard Diner on Urbanspoon

5. Pumpkins. Josh and I also headed to Boone Hall for pumpkins!

 IMG_0519

 IMG_0520

 IMG_0521

 IMG_0522

 IMG_0523

I got a pickle:

 IMG_0524

and some Rum Apple Butter!

 IMG_0525

Time to relax & watch football. How has your weekend been so far?

23 comments:

Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete said...

You're always so busy by the time my weekend begins, hehe! Everything looks so awesome! I love the pics from the launch.

Hope you're actually relaxing, busy girl! :D

Unknown said...

Wonderful pics, Erica!
Even though you wrote it wasn't so good at that time... you gotta LOVE frozen yogurt and all those yummy toppings. I mean, were there bananas, pineapple, mangoes, blueberries and kiwi? It sounds like a winner in my book :D

vanillasugarblog said...

i need to get on the pumpkin train. i still haven't made any pumpkin anything...yet. i know, sad right?

tam said...

I need to be your neighbor or work colleague, all these baked goods are just too good! x x

Julie said...

oh my god you guys ARE busy bees this weekend! the launch sounds like it went so awesome and to end with a diner and baked goods sounds like a party to me :)

glad you're having such a fun packed weekend! fall activities are so much fun, it's a p kind of weekend for you. pickles, pumpkins, and i think there's gonna be a parfait in your future haha

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

rum apple butter, I WANT THAT!!!!

you are so busy girl wow!

the pumpkin patch looks so fun

and all those hot and sweaty, strong women lifting and rocking the body pump is awesome to see! no 2 lb dumbbells for bicep curls for those ladies :)

Krista said...

I love that the instructors are hot sweaty messes! Sometimes you get instructors that just "instruct" but don't actually do the workout.....

Sounds like a great weekend so far. Sorry to hear the froyo was kinda bad, but good company kicks butt, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Great outfit you are wearing. Does not show the sweat at all.

lynn said...

i'm gonna have to make those muffins - they look gooood

Stacey said...

It must be official pumpkin patch time. I went to one over the weekend also.

Christina said...

haha we look awesome! thanks SO much. i had tons of fun and my calves are killing me right now - in a great way :) i will be emailing you the recipe!

Faith said...

What a busy, but productive weekend! Love your pumpkin patch pics, that's one of my favorite fall things to do!

Stephanie @cookinfanatic said...

Rum apple butter?!?!?!? You had me at hello! I need to find some of that around here, if it even exists? Glad you are having a nice weekend, it's been a good one over here as well :D

Heather said...

Your gym looks HUGE (and intense!). I love it! The pink is cute, too. :)

We need to get out and pick out our pumpkins, too. J and C carve some pretty intricate faces - can't wait to see what they come up with this year!

Megan D said...

I always love Launch days at our gym!! You guys look great- even when sweaty!

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

Rum apple butter sounds incredible! I love all the photos and how nice of you to do all that baking for others :)

Lauren said...

You are a baking queen, but for good reasons! The launch looked like such a blast!!!! It's seriously my dream one day to take one of your BP classes. :) Someday, I will, I promise! :)

So glad you had such a great weekend sweetheart!

BroccoliHut said...

Ooh! This post has made me so excited for my visit to the pumpkin patch next week!

ItMightBeWeird.. said...

every time I see pic of you at class I long to see you at class.
have you beat my bod into submission :)

is that weird?

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

I can't wait to get my pumpkins! Since I try not to eat my weight in Halloween candy, they're the true joy of my October :)

Bridget said...

Your the cutest packaging all those goodies up for the other instructors!! I LOVE fall things like going to pumpkin patches and that pickle looks soooo good :) Hope you had a wonderful weekend Erica!!

Diana said...

Oh my gosh, what a weekend! We have a yogurt place like that here, called 16 Handles. I LOVE it but it is a danger zone for sure. ;)

I'm hoping to make a career change and become a group fitness instructor and I realized that I should ask you for advice! I'm a total newbie and just getting started on the transition and would love to know how you came to be a fitness instructor, how you got certified, what advice you have for those new to the field, etc. If you have a second to shoot me an email I would be eternally grateful! :) diana at soapandchocolate dot com

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend filled with great friends, family, food and fun--love it!