Are we there yet ;)? Hope your Thursday is going well. The “big” blog announcement is still coming tomorrow….in the meanwhile, vegetables anyone? I’m off to teach!
- 1- 1/4 lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half
- 2 –15 oz can artichoke hearts drained
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup almond meal (or grind up almonds or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spray a baking dish with non stick spray
- Bring a large saucepan filled with 1” of water to a boil, add the Brussels sprouts and cook until crisp-tender. Drain off any remaining water
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and red pepper and artichokes to saucepan and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in mozzarella cheese, transfer to the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, toss the crumbs, almond meal and parmesan cheese with 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle the mixture over the vegetable mix.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden. Serve hot.
Do you like Brussels sprouts? I’m a huge fan!!