I love brunch….I think its no secret. I love to go out to brunch, but I also enjoy a good brunch at home….or a brunch/breakfast for dinner at home. Last night, I made up a batch of Maggie’s Lighter Coconut Pancakes. I only made a few adjustments to her recipe and the results were rocking!
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond or regular milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your griddle (medium heat)
- Mix together the yolk, coconut, flour, milk, baking powder & soda. Set aside. This should sit for about 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the yolk and flour mixture to the egg whites; mix together gently.
- Scoop 1/4 cup-fuls of the batter onto the griddle. When bubbles start to appear and pop, it’s time to flip.
- Top the coconut pancakes. Maggie suggested- more coconut flakes, honey, peanut butter, whipped cream, or whatever you desire (I used walnuts and coconut).
Almost weekend time!! What do you have on tap? Tonight, we’re hitting up a new frozen yogurt place with a few friends including Lindsay. Also, as I posted yesterday, I teach group fitness classes and we are launching a new release this weekend for each of the programs I teach (Body Step, Body Pump and Body Attack- I use the DVDs shown yesterday to learn from). My Mom is coming down for the launch and then we’re headed out to breakfast. Other than that, getting pumpkins with Josh and watching football!