Friday, January 2, 2009

Light Pasta and a Wonderful Day!

I had such a nice day today. My workout this AM felt great, I ate a lot of fresh great food and I got my hair done! As requested ;) Here is a pic- my hair is sort of a mess because it was windy and I was running around the house cooking etc before the picture...probably should have brushed it haha ;)

I had a new lady do it and I really liked how it turned out! I am trying to get my hair all one length.
For dinner tonight I made some easy pasta.
Ingredients:
1 bag broccoli or 1 head broccoli chopped into bits
1/2 box pasta (I used organic shells)
1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas
1-2 breasts chicken (I used one for Josh's pasta and I ate mine vegetarian style)
3 tablespoons pine nuts
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Bake chicken in oven at 375 until cooked through-no longer pink (I sprinkled mine with a little salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese prior to cooking). Cut into bite sized pieces.
Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. In the last 4 minutes, add broccoli.
Drain can of chickpeas and leave them in the bottom of the strainer. Drain pasta and broccoli on top of chickpeas (this sort of cooks/warms the chickpeas a bit).
Toast up pine nuts until lightly browned (I did this in the same pot I cooked the pasta in).
Put all cooked ingredients in a large bowl (I just put them all back in the pasta pot...I like to save dishes). Add lemon juice, olive oil, Parmesan cheese. Serve!


Josh and I are going to watch Step Brothers again tonight, I can't wait! Have a wonderful night!

31 comments:

Tina said...

Very pretty! Your pic has inspired me to grow my hair long again! :)

Anon said...

i love long hair!!! mine is a few inches longer and all one layer - kind of a boring cut but i think it's classic ;) you have very pretty straight/shiny hair!! definitely keep it long while you can hehe. love the broccoli dinner yum

K from ksgoodeats said...

Love your hair! Excellent recipe too :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous day and hairdo!! :-)

Olga said...

Your hair looks fantastic!

I love this recipe, I'm bookmarking this =]

Have fun watching Step Bros!

Becca said...

Looks great!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

lovely hair!
Great eat! :D

Elizabeth said...

Cute pic! I love your beautiful long hair. It is funny you mention you are trying to get your hair all one length. I just got a horrible haircut that made the right side of my hair 1/2 inch longer than the left.. sigh... :)

Megan said...

o0o hair looks fab! i got mine done today too, yay for pretty hair :)

loove step brothers, enjoy!

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks really nice! I love the color!

Anonymous said...

your hair looks so pretty :)

Unknown said...

great-lookin locks and dinner :)

Laura said...

Your hair looks great!

Enjoy Step Brothers! That movie is so funny!

Anonymous said...

Na…don’t’ worry about the photo. It’s a blog, and the best part about it…It’s real. Kinda like when people come in my your home and it’s a mess…I just say, “I live here.” Everyone gets it =). I do clean up when the kids aren’t around to undo my work =)

Would you like a little pasta with that broccoli? Love how nutritious that looks. It’s dinner time and I’m drooling =)

Fitnessista said...

your hair looks beautiful!!
another incredible recipe :D
have a wonderful night!

HangryPants said...

Pretty hair!

The pasta dish looks great. Nice and simple!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your hair looks awesome - and great eats!

Bridget said...

Your hair looks fab!! That dinner looks delicious too :) Busy girl!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous hair! I agree with Tina, I am now totally missing my longer hair. Guess it will be a while before I get my hair cut again ;o)

That pasta looks great! I still haven't seen Stepbrothers, but if you're watching it again I guess I need to!

Anonymous said...

Yummy dinner, and your hair looks great! I wish mine looked that good when it was "a mess". So shiny and healthy. The new lady did a great job - I think you should stick with her. Enjoy your evening with Step Brothers!

Samantha said...

You look beautiful!!! I really love the color of your hair.

B_Hlthy said...

What lovely hair!!! Love the fresh veggies in the pasta!

How did you get your group instructor certification? I was considering doing that... wanted to know what the process is like etc.

Zesty Cook said...

Great Pics! Great Recipe! In my mind... great post!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great!! It looks really shiny and healthy :D Love good haircuts..Thanks for the recipe, and that movie- omg hilarious.

Anonymous said...

your hair looks great! I wish mine would grow, im trying to get it to be all one length too...but it just WILL NOT grow!

Erica said...

You are all so sweet :) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Your hair looks fabulous!! And so does the pasta!

lauren said...

your hair looks awesome and the pasta looks yummy.

Jenn said...

So cute!!! I LOVE it!!!!!

Heather said...

yummy! that all looks so good :) i just love broccoli and pasta together!!

Heather said...

oh, and of course i love your hair!