Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday & Daniel Island Farmers Market

How was your Thursday? Mine went a little something like this: run, shower (summer like weather=wavy hair kind of day):

IMG_0958

Work, snack:

IMG_0957

Pickup Kay from daycare, head to Daniel Island farmers’ market with my Aunt & MIL:

IMG_0959

This was my first time to this farmers’ market this year. It was small, but had awesome booths. One VERY popular booth was the cookie chick:

IMG_0960

Seriously, this lady was selling amazing looking cookies left and right. Next time, I’m definitely getting one of those giant sugar cookies…drool:

IMG_0961

There was a pickles booth! I got samples of both the spicy and dill. Amazing….

IMG_0962

I purchased a pint of the dill. I’m a pickle-aholic:

IMG_0970

More baked goods:

IMG_0964

We stopped at the Great Harvest booth and both my MIL and Aunt purchased bread. I had a slice of the cinnamon chip while they checked out(so good!):

IMG_0963

And of course-produce! I ended up just getting two tomatoes.

IMG_0965

And there was a very nice lady selling plants at the end of the market. My Aunt purchased a fabulous looking jalapeno plant:

IMG_0966

We went to Sesame for dinner afterwards and I made a black bean burger in a bowl (deliciousness):

IMG_0968

And now its relaxing time. Tell me about your Thursday!

What are you up to this weekend? I will be celebrating my first Mother’s day! I’m also teaching a few times, going to brunch, and hopefully just spending lots of time with Josh & Kay. Clif sent me an early Mother’s day present (so sweet! Disclaimer: received these for free):

IMG_0949

30 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love, love, love the Farmers Market! We have a local one on Wednesday during lunch that I will definitely have to hit up this next week (Saturdays have been taken over by events for work, ugh, lol).

That jalapeno plant sounds like an interesting thing to have in the backyard. I'm hoping that my green thumbs come out very soon!

Simply Life said...

oh that is SO sweet they sent you a mother's day package! I do hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Brittany Dahn said...

Sounds like a great day! I can't wait to make it back to Sesame for a black bean burger. Happy early Mother's Day!!!

Lee said...

I bet those strawberries were delicious. They are always so much better from a farm than from the grocery store.


Happy Mother's Day!! I'm going to my little sister's college graduation in NC.

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

Love pickles too. It's kind of funny b/c my dad and I buy crazy jars of pickles for each other all the time.

Stephanie said...

Homemade pickles are the best! So exciting to be celebrating your first mothers day, I hope it's just wonderful! :)

auntie j said...

OMGG i would totally be all about those sugar cookies!!!! i want one. wahhh i'm whining hahahaha. what a sweet thing for clif to do to send you some mother's day treats!! so cute :) is kay going to make you breakfast in bed on sunday?? hahaha happy friday mama xoxo

itzyskitchen said...

I'll get you one when I go ;). Kay best be making me breakfast ...haha

sarah k @ the pajama chef said...

a pickle booth? how fun! happy mother's day!

Claire said...

Looks like a busy day! I had Thursday "off" from the ER but still had to be at work at 7am for training on our new electronic medical records system, then to the gym, then back to work for a presentation and clinic. Then I studied (yay me!) for about two hours last night. Got another presentation today but THEN I'm going shopping!

Katie said...

Fun Thursday! I love wearing my hair wavy in the summer, too... hello laid-back style! That farmers market looks great, and I totally would have gone for one of those cookies, too! They look soft, just how I like them.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

Great looking trip to the market and love the wavy hair!

Heather said...

What a fun day!! I'll have to send you some of Jay's homemade pickles next time he makes them. :)
Happy Mother's Day, Erica! I hope to spend most of my weekend relaxing.

Singerinkitchen said...

Lovely day I see! I love farmer's Market. Going tomorrow!

Aggie's Kitchen said...

Oh I'm a pickle-aholic too! I have never had them that fresh though! Yum!!

That black bean burger in a bowl looks so perfect. I think that might be dinner for me at least 1 night next week :)

Have a great weekend!

Beth Velatini said...

I've never had luck with a garden, but I may have to pick up a jalapeno plant! Loves me some pickles too - but you really need to make them - so easy!
Happy 1st Mother's Day!

Beth Velatini said...

I've never had luck with a garden, but I may have to pick up a jalapeno plant! Loves me some pickles too - but you really need to make them - so easy!
Happy 1st Mother's Day!

Beth Velatini said...

I've never had luck with a garden, but I may have to pick up a jalapeno plant! Loves me some pickles too - but you really need to make them - so easy!
Happy 1st Mother's Day!

val said...

I love your life. I hope you have the most wonderful Mother's Day!

BroccoliHut said...

Happy Mother's Day!
How nice of Clif to send you the freebie bars. What's your favorite flavor? I always loved the chocolate chip best :)

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you!!

itzyskitchen said...

Phew! Busy, busy! Enjoy shopping!

itzyskitchen said...

That would be AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!

itzyskitchen said...

Enjoy the farmers market!

itzyskitchen said...

Best black bean burger ever! Have a great weekend & Mama's day!!

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you!!!!!!!! Happy Mama's day to you too!

itzyskitchen said...

Aw :) I have it pretty darn good! Hope you have a great Mama's day too!

itzyskitchen said...

I love the trail mix flavored mojo!

natalie@thesweetslife said...

happy early mother's day :) enjoy this weekend!!

Kerstin said...

I've been rocking wavy hair lately too :) Looks like such a fun trip to the farmer's market!