Please excuse my absence! Josh’s parents have been in town since Saturday and we have been busy spending good quality time with them. How has your week been treating you? Mine has been very nice- a little bit of work, a lotta bit of play and the usual teaching. I also was able to bake up a new to me treat this week. I saw Pam post about these Chocolate Cherry Cookies and knew I must try making them (since Josh’s Mom had just brought me my first bag of Almond Meal from Trader Joe’s):
I assembled my ingredients and got to work:
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Desired quantity chocolate chips
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place everything in a bowl and mix well (it will look like there is not enough moisture at first).
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop mix out onto a cookie sheet. Bake for ~16 minutes (if larger cookies) until bottom is slightly brown.
I have a tendency to go overboard with chocolate chips….
Last night, we enjoyed our last meal out with Josh’s parents. We went to one of our favorite Italian spots in Charleston, Mercato. Josh’s parents:
Me & the Man:
And we hit up Fresh Berry afterwards :). I got Vanilla with double cherries and kiwi, fantastic:
And since I missed Workout Wednesday:
- Monday: Taught Body Pump & Step
- Tuesday: Taught Body Attack
- Wednesday: Off
- Thursday: Run outside
- Friday: Teach Body Pump
- Saturday: 10K road race
- Sunday: Off
Have you baked up anything new lately? Please share links :) Have a good rest of the work week.