Saturday, July 18, 2009

Salad Addict, Day with Mama

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday! I woke up early after falling asleep at a decent time and started cleaning the house. I ran out and taught Body Step and then came home for some breakfast and some more cleaning :).

My mom arrived around 11:30 and we headed out for some shopping(!). After a good hour and a half of shopping in Mount Pleasant's outdoor Town Centre, we stopped for lunch at Hatchell's American Tapas Tavern. They had a sign outside for an unlimited salad bar and we were both craving a mega salad (when am I not craving a mega salad??).

Unfortunately, the restaurant turned out to be very mehhhhh. Our waiter was not attentive and forgot to bring us some of our food. Inside, the restaurant seemed somewhat...unclean? The salad bar was yummy with lots of variety, but seemed like an afterthought (it was sort of shoved in a random back corner). Although I enjoyed the salad I made, I would not go back to this restaurant.
The shopping was MUCH more successful. I found an adorable/unique strapless dress to wear to one of the weddings we have coming up. BONUS- it was on sale for $28.

My mom and I then ran to Publix so she could pick up some items for her and my dad's dinner tonight. My mom is a HUGE Publix fan and they don't have one near their house. Then we headed to the pool for an hour. After saying goodbye to my mom...I finally finished cleaning the house and then started the laundry. I also gave the Frankster a bath. By the time I was done, I was exhausted and did NOT feel like cooking. I threw together a salad of romaine, orange and green peppers, broccoli slaw, apple, pinto beans, and salsa. On the side I had some more tortilla flatbreads (I'm clearly addicted ;)).

For dessert, I opted for some Stonyfield Farm's Organic froyo with Almond Butter (YUM!)


Now I'm going to do some reading and relax! What are you up to tonight?


Hatchell's American Tapas Tavern on Urbanspoon

20 comments:

Krista said...

LOVE that dress!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

I agree. That dress is so cute! 3 days in a row? I REALLY have to get my hands on those flatbreads!

teresa said...

Such a cute dress, and the salads look wonderful! Happy weekend!

Anne said...

The dress is adorable! Sorry the restaurant wasn't so great, but the salad looks delicious :)

Ada said...

That dress is so pretty, sweet deals are always the best:)

Thank you for stopping by my blog!! My friend Lauren is actually from California, not MA, but she's moving to MA haha.

Unknown said...

bummer about the restaurant, but that is a great dress! enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

WholeBodyLove said...

Sorry to hear about the restaurant disappointment...it sound like one we have back where I grew up...
I just bought some Stonyfield ice cream today! I saw the cookies and cream (my fave!) and I couldn't resist!

Sarah said...

Up to? A little dinner, a little wine, a little frozen yogurt, and a little TV courtesy of Netflix :-) Yes, we are an old married couple. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend, blog friend!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day- LOVE that dress!

Enjoy your Sunday, Erica!

Angharad said...

What a fun day you have had my dear! Shopping...ahh how I want to go shopping! Getting a good dress is such a feel good feeling!

My day revolved around running and I want tomorrow to revolve around the beach but I don't know if the weather will cooperate!!

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

such a cute dress!!
love all of the salads too :)

The Purple Carrot said...

Sounds like a great day with Mama : )

And that is a VERY cute dress, I'm sure it looks wonderful on you!

Fitnessista said...

the dress is beautiful!
bummer about the restaurant.. i hate when that happens :/
i still need to try stonyfield's ice cream!
have a great day :D

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Bad restaurants can totally ruin the day--except not when you have some awesome rebound shopping =) That dress is beyond cute. I love simple dresses like that with a small detail that makes it pop!

Liza said...

How much do you love Charleston?! It has been my dream since I visited when I was 14 to move there someday, and now that Im almost 22 it is definitely becoming a reality!!

Liza said...

How much do you love Charleston?! It has been my dream since I visited when I was 14 to move there someday, and now that Im almost 22 it is definitely becoming a reality!!

Erica said...

Liza- I am one of Charleston's BIGGEST fans!! I love living here and will cry VERY hard if we ever have to leave

Pam said...

Cute dress and I want some of that yogurt...he he!

www.alovefornewrecipes.blogspot.com

Aggie said...

oh my gosh, will have to look for that froz yogurt!! Love the dress!

Christina said...

cute dress! and i agree with you about hatchell's--not good. i've been several times and have never enjoyed my food. swing around the corner and try mosaic...mmm