TGIF for sure! Work was a little crazy this week and I am READY for the weekend. How about you? One thing that did make my week a little better? I met my friend Mandi for a working breakfast at my favorite place (Charleston’s Cafe!!) on Thursday. We both enjoyed their fantastic parfaits. I got the blueberry & banana (I know, I’m such a creature of habit):
And Mandi got the apple & craisin parfait:
If you’re ever in the Charleston area and need a brunch friend…I’m always available ;)
The second thing that made my week better? A vegan creamy butternut squash soup! I saw Krista make this soup this week and knew I must have it! Luckily, I had a small butternut squash in the fridge just screaming to be used up. I made a few minor, minor adjustments to her recipe, so feel free to prepare it as below or use Krista’s original version:
Vegan (or not) Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper (optional, I like a little heat with my sweets)
- 14 oz cooked butternut squash ( cut in half, remove seeds, bake at 400 until VERY soft~1.5 hours) or you can use a 15-oz can of butternut squash puree
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup milk, cream or half and half (I used original almond breeze)
- Heat olive oil in a medium size pot. Add onion & garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add spices, butternut squash and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium low, add milk and let simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Puree with immersion or regular blender.
- Serves 2
Fantastic! Thank you Krista! If you don’t read Krista’s blog, you should totally check it out. She is the ultimate super mama!
Weekend plans?? I’m teaching (Step Friday AM, Step & Pump launch Saturday) and Josh’s parents are coming to visit! I cannot wait!!
If you haven’t done so yet, enter my cookie giveaway!!!