First things first- Happy Birthday Cookie(Josh’s Mom)!!!! Hope you are having a spectacular day.
How was your weekend? Hopefully the weather was just as beautiful where you are as it was here. My weekend involved tasty eats, time with friends, Josh & Frank, great workouts and lots of house/yard work. A few pictures from the weekend. Veggie Quesadilla from Poe’s:
Lindsay came with treats!! She knows how much Josh loves key lime pie, so she snagged him a pack of this key lime pie gum:
She also shared some of her Artisana samples with me (thank you thank you!):
When I got home, I got to work on a new recipe, peanut butter flour chocolate chip cookies. I used the trader joe’s flour to create these beauties. This was my second attempt and they turned out really well (unlike my first batch ;)).
Vegan (or not) Peanut Butter Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 cup peanut flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil or earth balance (1 stick) (or regular butter)
- 2 tablespoons flax mixed with 6 tablespoons water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate chips (vegan, carob or milk)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl and dry in another.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients and add chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Let cookies cool for 1 minute on baking sheet then remove to cooling rack. Makes ~ 2 dozen cookies
The rest of my afternoon will be spent doing some work, changing up my group fitness choreography & watching football with Josh & this sleepy guy:
Favorite part of the weekend? I really enjoyed my walk this morning with Lindsay :) Who needs a therapist when you have fabulous friends?