Hi guys! How are you doing? After all the traveling I did last week, it has felt SO good to get back in the kitchen to bake & cook! I got my bake on last night for sure. I made vegan pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for wonderful friends of mine:
I also finally experimented with my Trader Joe’s Peanut flour that my MIL sent me:
Since I always love mixing up my bar recipes, I decided to test this flour out first in an Oatmeal Peanut Butter (flour) Chocolate Chip Bar:
- 2 1/4 cups old fashion rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Peanut Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (raw)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce- unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients (first six). Add in wet ingredients and stir until combined. Spray pan (I used a Pyrex dish), press mixture into bottom of pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Let the bars cool completely, cut & serve.
These taste like those no bake peanut butter/chocolate cookies! So yum.
Also of note, we had our first spaghetti squash of the “fall” last night! Josh had his topped with homemade turkey meatballs, cheese and marinara. I had mine topped with cheese, marinara and black beans. YUM!
And for your workout Wednesday (Thursday), here is my plan for the week:
- Monday: Ran 6 miles outside
- Tuesday: Taught Body Attack
- Wednesday: Ran 6 miles outside
- Thursday: Teach 45 minute Body Step & 45 minute Body Pump
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: Teach Body Step
- Sunday: Off
How are your workouts coming?? And what is your favorite kind of squash? I love them all…but I think Acorn is my favorite.