You have to love the shortened work week that follows a three day weekend! My week has been off to a great start (and I hope yours has as well!). Monday started with a six miler outside:
Followed by lots of errands and housework. The day ended with dinner at Taco Boy and a Charleston River Dogs baseball game with Lindsay & Patrick. Taco boy is a funky restaurant with two locations, one in Charleston and one in Folly. We hit up the Charleston location. Check out the cool decor inside:
We shared some chips and salsa (their chips were great- not greasy at all!) and I got the taco salad for dinner. My taco salad was missing a few of the ingredients mentioned on the menu and came with one tiny sliver of avocado. I was a little disappointed. On the flip side, the roasted corn in the salad was delicious:
After dinner, we headed out to the baseball game. The weather was perfect and the stadium is beautiful:
Me, Lindsay & Patrick (hahaha)
The game was ….slow? I have no idea who even won! We left in the 9th and the score was still 0,0.
Today was back to the grind! After the usual work, I did a bit of cleaning and taught Body Attack.
For dinner, I made up Cuban Style Pineapple Rice & Beans (with Turkey for Josh):
- 1/2 or 1 full 15 oz can Cuban style black beans (or you can use regular black beans and add in some additional spices (cumin & chili powder), onion & garlic)
- 8 oz can pineapple (either tidbits or chunks), drained or fresh cut pineapple
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 lb turkey (if using)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used Success)
- 1 tablespoon oil (utilize 1/2 tablespoon if cooking beans only)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and cook through (until no longer pink)
- Lower heat to medium and add black beans, pineapple, salsa and jalapenos. Heat through (~5 minutes)
- Place cooked mixture on top of brown rice
Easy dinner! And can be made for vegetarians and meat eaters alike! You can also play around and add some more veggies (peppers and onions would be fantastic!). Serves 2 or 3.
Also, on a side note, look at this adorable apron Lindsay gave me for my birthday (love it- thank you girl!):
What is your week looking like? Anything exciting to look forward to?