Friday, September 26, 2008

Pizza Dough

Thank goodness its Friday! Work today was totally draining and it looks like I have a bundle of work to get through this weekend too=booooooooo. I went to the food store after work and then ran and took Body Pump. Josh and his buddy were playing some video games and were not ready to go out to eat, so I decided to prep my pizza dough for tomorrow night. As I've noted before, I use this recipe from 101 cookbooks, but use half whole wheat flour, half all purpose. Here is what my process looks like, dry ingredients:

The yeast brand I use:
Wet+dry combined (mixed with a spoonula):
After being kneaded my my electric mixer:
All wrapped up and ready for the fridge:

Alright, I'm hungggggggggggry! I hope these boys are ready for dinner. What are you guys up to this weekend? I'm thinking of getting up early to go to class and then I have a bundle of things I need to do around the house to get ready for moving- yikes!

9 comments:

Esi said...

Hey Erica! Do you do all the steps in this recipe? I tried it last weekend and skipped about half of them because it was so long. Still awesome though. I am getting ready to see some friends from college tonight and I think (I hope) it will be pretty low key. Have a good one!

Nicole said...

Halo 3!! When your xbox gets better you have got to add me! It'd be so fun to play with other bloggers :D My gamertag is sweetpotatoe (I'm creative, I know!)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for pizza!! And TGIF!! :0)

DANCE SHOWCASE THIS WEEKEND!!! EEEK!!!

Anonymous said...

Love that you make your own dough! GOod luck with moving stuff - stressful!
This wknd I have to work, clean, cook, etc. Gonna try to throw some sleep in there too!

CECIL said...

Always ordered whole wheat pizza in restaurant, but only make all purpose flour ones at home. Shame on me! :)

Anyway, to answer your question about my working in studio. I assume you may think it's work-out/gym kinda studio? I wish! :D I am a designer, so the tiny itsy bitsy space I got is my studio and workshop. But oh, I dance 3 times a week in studio, that does not count as working though, does it? :D

Anonymous said...

Yummy pizza dough!

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you! Good luck with the work and the prepping for the big move :o)

Jenn said...

I need to make this dough sometime. Do you think it would work in my bread machine? I'm lazy. ;)

Esi said...

I checked out the recipe. I think I used the recipe for the "Best Ever Dough" which has wayyy many more steps. I should try this one though. I am super jealous of your stand mixer :)

BroccoliHut said...

Thanks for the recipe link--I've been searching forever for a good pizza dough!