Saturday, September 6, 2008

Breakfast cookie and Pineapple Cupcakes

First things first, I made one of Fitnessista's breakfast cookies two nights ago as a special wake-up surprise for my husband. I gave it a little nibble (the "cook" must try the masterpiece...yes?) yesterday am and they are yummy! A great way to have an awesome breakfast ready for you upon waking! The recipe:

1/4 cup (or a little more) oatmeal
1/2 scoop protein powder
1 tablespoon Peanut butter

Mix together then add:

1/4 milk
nuts, raisins, whatever you want

Mix again, press onto a plate and set to "cook" over night. The result:



I also took Body Pump last night and then came home to make black bean, corn, and cheese quesadillas (sorry no pic!).

This morning I taught a mix of body step (1/2 hour), turbo kick (20 minutes), and legs/abs/stretch (10 minutes). It was a fun class! With Hanna hitting the area, I figured no one would show up to class but I had a good showing! After, I came home and gave Frank a bath and started into my baking projects. We're going over a friends tonight for football and dinner/dessert and I'm in charge of dessert! My first dessert is pineapple cupcakes. I used this recipe and topped them with a butter cream frosting and a piece of pineapple. Hopefully they taste great! Here are a few pictures, the batter:
Cupcakes done baking- kind of a spongy cake:

Frosted with pineapple.

I will be back later today with my second dessert! Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

yeahhhh for b-fast cookies!!
they get a little harder if you use 1/8 cup milk-- sometimes i like mine smushy though :D
those cupcakes look so good! i love the pineapple chunk on top!
have a great day :D

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Loove Gina's breakfast cookie - glad you liked it too! :0)

Oooh, those cupcakes are so cute!!

HangryPants said...

That's a good idea for cookies in general! I think I would like crunchy for a snack and soft for breakfast.

Love the pineapple on the cupcakes!

Jenn said...

The cupcakes sure do look good! I've made a similar recipe for a cake, and I thought it tasted great!

Esi said...

omg, pineapple cupcakes?! I love it!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

A grunt is such a funny name for a dessert. It sure looks yummy, though.

Unknown said...

I just made some of Kath's baked oatmeal bars to have some ready for a few days, I'll have to give these cookies a shot too :) cupcakes sound great too!

Anonymous said...

Yum, breakfast cookie AND pineapple cupcakes?! Jackpot!! I've been meaning to try Gina's recipe for a while now, and those cupcakes sound great - I especially love the pineapple topping!!

Anonymous said...

I bookmark a million recipes a day and i must have just bookmarked the link you provided and forgotten that I had seen the pineapple cupcakes originally on your blog. I am so sorry for not crediting you! But thank you so much for the great idea, the cupcakes were a hit. I tried the iciing she did, but I added crushed pineapple to it and didn't let it sit long enough so I was telling everyone it was a pineapple 'glaze' :) Thanks again!