Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cashew Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Phew!  The holidays are a blast. I really enjoy spending time with our friends and family, but I am exhausted! This past week, I worked, taught a ton at the gym (lucky for me I have an amazing assistant):

IMG_5282

 

and logged tons of quality time with both friends and family. I also had a nasty allergic reaction to something. After I finished the Whole30, I started in on a few treats that involved foods I hadn’t touched in the past 30 days. Soon after, I started to itch and it got worse and worse, and I was covered in hives. I got going on a large dose of steroids and am finally feeling better.  I’m not 100% sure where the hives came from, but some signs are pointing towards milk. My MD gave me an epipen to be on the safe side.

For some reason, I didn’t take a lot of pictures over Thanksgiving. Here is one of my favorites from our pre-Christmas gift exchange last night:

IMG_5281

A big thank you to Josh’s parents for having us over for the Thanksgiving holiday. We always enjoy our time with you!!

I finally got around to trying out Trader Joe’s new Just Cashew Meal:

IMG_5254

I made paleo friendly cookies that turned out pretty darn well!

 IMG_5263

Ingredients:

Dry:

  • 3 cups Cashew Meal
  • 1/2 cup diced nuts (whatever you have on hand or you can leave out)
  • Sprinkle of salt
  • ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
  • Desired quantity chocolate chips or chunks

Wet:

  • 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (could use honey)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Egg

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F

Mix wet ingredients in one bowl and dry in another. Stir together until combined. Use a cookie dough scoop or rounded tablespoon to place dough onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten out dough. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cookies cool for ~5 minutes before removing from parchment and placing on cooling rack.

These really turned out yummy! Let me know if you give them a go.

As for today, I taught at the gym, ran errands, and then we got our Christmas tree!!

    IMG_5284

Tonight, we’re off to my Aunt/Uncle’s house to watch the USC/Clemson game.

What have you been up to?

No comments: