Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chili, Cookies & Cornbread

It has been a family & football filled weekend over here! On Friday night, I had family over for dinner (parents, sister & her family, Aunt/Uncle/Cousin/Girlfriend & another Uncle). To feed the crowd, I made chili, cookies, cornbread, and roasted veggies. Since I was so busy getting everything together, I didn’t get the best pictures, but:

Cait’s amazing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (I used semi sweet instead of white chips):

IMG_2229

Cornbread:

 IMG_2231

Ree Drummond's beef chili (well..what was left of it):

 IMG_2232

White turkey hominy chili/soup:

 IMG_2233

The fresh fruit my Aunt brought over

 IMG_2234

Roasted eggplant:

IMG_2235

and potatoes and butternut squash:

IMG_2236

my sister brought over apple and pumpkin pies from Boone Hall for my Dad/Uncle’s birthdays:

IMG_2238

IMG_2239

IMG_2240

On Saturday, a bundle of us headed to the University of South Carolina football game. My Uncle did an amazing job with all of the meat:

 IMG_2242 

Me, my Mom & Aunt:

IMG_2248 

Me & Josh:

 IMG_2251

More meat:

 IMG_2252

I brought pasta salad and more cookies ;)

 IMG_2253

the boys made what they called meat salad sandwiches:

IMG_2254

IMG_2255

The game was a blast! It was super windy from the tropical storm/hurricane. Pre-game:

 IMG_2257  

During:IMG_2262 

IMG_2264

So much fun!

Today, I went for a run and we’re spending the rest of the day watching football and catching up around the house. Dinner tonight with friends! What did you do this weekend?

No comments: