Thursday, January 13, 2011

M: Mediterranean Turkey Burgers and a Charleston Bagel

I want a burger…But I can’t have beef – no, not like “I’m watching my red meat intake”, more like “I’m mildly allergic to beef and it makes my tummy hurt”. So, it’s no question that I need to come up with some extra special ways to make ground turkey so that my burger/beef craving is satisfied.

I came across this recipe for Mediterranean turkey burgers from Miss Aggie at Aggie’s Kitchen. This recipe is seriously amazing! Aggie really out did herself with this one =)

IMG_1420

I really don’t have too hard of a time not eating beef. I mean, I never really ate that much red meat anyway. BUT, I do miss my hamburgers! I’m telling you, this burger completely satisfies my burger cravings…Ok, I lied a little…I would still love a nice juicy hamburger…But, this turkey burger definitely curbs my craving A LOT.

All of the flavors from the chopped spinach, mozzarella cheese, and sundried tomatoes meld together in this perfect little patty of goodness. And, the roasted red pepper mayo? Out of this world! I paired this with my balsamic roasted veggies and there was dinner! So satisfying and so tasty.

IMG_1421

So, please go here and visit Aggie for her incredible turkey burger recipe.

And, by the way, if you are ever in the area, please visit Charleston Bagel in Mt. Pleasant!

IMG_1386

Bryan and I have been going here ever since we first moved to Charleston, and though they have evolved their menu, the quality and taste of their food hasn’t budged!

For lunch, Bryan and I both got their chicken salad with the asiago cheese bagel and a garden salad. The chicken salad was seriously fantastic – made with dried cranberries and walnuts, it had a great sweetness to it.

IMG_1387

They have all sorts of bagel sandwiches and have also added salads and a full breakfast menu, a coffee bar, and open faced sandwiches. It is such a great local place for breakfast or lunch (or brunch, incidentally =))

Enjoy!

P.S. Marley got cold, and decided he would curl up under his blanket. Peek-a-boo!

IMG_1392

32 comments:

MizFit said...

I do giggle that for as much as I shout IM A CARNIVORE! IM A CARNIVORE!
im mainly a fish and chicken eater.

some turkey.
mostly salmon :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Love turkey now!

Stephanie @cookinfanatic said...

Mmm like that turkey burger idea! Haven't had a turkey burger in quite some time - but they are good. I wonder if you'd be allergic to buffalo meat too? I've tried it before and it's pretty good.

lee said...

Marley is so cute under that blanket. Murphy always freaks out when I put a blanket on him.

Gen said...

Mmmm those turkey burgers look delish!
The weird thing for me is, I didn't used to have any issues with beef, and I still can eat a well-cooked steak, but put me anywhere near ground beef and I'm ill the next day. Any ideas as to why this happens???? =D

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

yum! i love turkey burgers. sundried tomatoes sound so good in them!

Cookie Sorkin said...

Sweet Mandy...I have been making turkey burgers stuffed with chunky feta and spinach as a fam fav staple.However, yours looked amazing! Thanks for the sun dried tomato idea. Will be included in my next batch.
Love, Josh's mommie

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) said...

oh man!!! I love the idea of mediterranean turkey burgers!!!

Anonymous said...

HI MARLEY!
You know, beef is just good sometimes, isn't it? I'm glad you were able to find a burger substitute that worked for you! I checked out the recipe and it sounds AMAZING.

fittingbackin said...

This looks wonderful! Aggie's recipes have never steered me wrong!

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for a good turkey burger recipe. This would be a hit in my house!

Faith said...

I love a good turkey burger and yours looks fantastic! And I have to say, that's a mightly delicious looking salad too! Awww, Marley looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Your dog looks adorable! I have to say that bagel and salad look delicious!

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl said...

Turkey burgers are awesome! These look great!

The Blonde Duck said...

Turkey burgers are one of the loves of my life. And oh lord, I haven't had a good bagel sandwich since hs!

Tracey said...

I have been on the hunt for a good bagel place in the loop in Chicago. Last November I went to a great bagel shop in California and I've been craving it ever since!

Val said...

Yum, love the combination of flavors.

Erica said...

Dude- I've never been to Charleston bagel. I always see it and wonder if its any good. I will have to give it a go. Aggie is amazing. Love her recipes. That one reminds me a lot of Rachael Ray's spanikopita burgers- you and Bryan would LOVE those. Josh doesn't like feta, but I make it with moz for him.

PS I think I had scary dreams about villain man last night haha

Megan D said...

Turkey burgers are so great! My mom loves to make them alongside sweet potato fries. Such a cute photo of Marley!

Julie said...

i LOVE turkey burgers! my fav way is totally feta burgers the feta just combines so well with everything and i think next time i'll add some chopped spinach!

Simply Life said...

oh those turkey burgers look perfect!

Pound said...

will def try those!!

who doesn't love bagels? i could eat one every morning but if i did, my butt would be the size of montana!

teresa said...

cutest picture of your dog! the burger looks wonderful, i love turkey burgers!

Lisa said...

That turkey burger looks super awesome! I love anything mediterranean....

Maria said...

I love that last photo of Marley. So cute!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

That burger looks great! The bagels look good too....I could really go for a bagel right now....

Kelsey Ann said...

ur sauce on that turkey burger makes me want to SCREAM!!! thats how good it looks <3 <3

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

Oh I like turkey burgers, even just plain! What is it about red meat that you are allergic to? Even 100% grass fed I wonder?

Katie said...

OOH I LOVE fancy bagel sandwiches! We have a couple great bagel cafes in our neighborhood.

Have a great weekend!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

I didn't know you were allergic to beef. How weird and interesting! That turkey burger looks great! ;) I love all the herbs. I'm an herb girl.

Anonymous said...

I used to get belly aches from red meat too, I had to slowly integrate it into my diet and now I am much better.

We had turkey burgers tonight too! I love them.

Aggie said...

So happy you enjoyed these! I haven't made these in ages, might have to surprise hubby with them...actually maybe tonight since I have everything on hand! I was planning on making greek salad so what a great combinations! :)