Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weekend Eats

For the first Monday in a while, I think I'm actually OK with it being Monday! My weekend was super busy and fun.

Friday: Taught Body Attack and then ran out to Whole Foods with Josh to hit up the salad bar. I made a beast (as Gina would say ;)). Romaine, peppers, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli, edamame, carrots, green beans, a couple potatoes, black beans, cabbage, a baked tomato (so yummy), and a few pieces of macaroni and cheese. It was delicious.

Josh and I also picked up these mini fruit desserts for the two of us and Jenny. They were 99 cents and very yummy.


Saturday: Taught Body Step, hit up Starbucks for a non fat misto and went food shopping with Jenny. Once we had gotten cleaned up, we headed off to the Isle of Palms to check out a potential wedding location for Laural. We also laid on the beach for about an hour.


After the beach, I did some house work and then we headed into Charleston for dinner with friends. We went to the South End Brewery , which I love! The inside looks very industrial:


And they have great food/beer! Josh got his usual, pulled pork. They put fried pickles on the top of every burger/sandwich. I got the Grilled shrimp and spinach salad which comes with apples, onions, goat cheese, almonds & a balsamic vinaigrette. I've gotten this twice and the shrimp have been cooked to perfection both times.


Sunday: Got up and headed out the door to my parents house. My Mom, Aunt, and I hit up the beach for about an hour and then got lunch. I got a garden salad (sorry no pic). I came home and started to get the house cleaned up. Then, Josh, Jenny, and I went and saw the Hangover (which was HILARIOUS). We came home and made up shrimpy salads (very similar to my dinner the night before ;). I cooked up some shrimp in a little olive oil with some Cajun seasoning. I then made up salads that fit each persons likes.

"The Jenny": spinach, peppers, shrimp, oranges, walnuts, feta, water chestnuts:

"The Josh": Spinach, water chestnuts, oranges, mozzarella, walnuts, shrimp, lemon/olive oil dressing and a baked potato on the side.

"The Erica": Romaine, peppers, oranges, shrimp, water chestnuts, salsa


Phew! Whats your week looking like?

39 comments:

Aggie said...

I love your salads!! They look great and I love how you changed them for each person! After a long weekend of eating lots of "vacation" food (we had company)...I need some good healthy eats like this!!

Anna said...

Love that WF bar... and your personal salads!

Unknown said...

MMmm, great looking salads!

K from ksgoodeats said...

I love the trifecta of salads! I've got to say, yours is the best :)

Those mini tarts look incredible!! I'm still a WFs hot bar virgin but your creation makes me want to drive over there right now! Hope you have a great Monday!!

GreenDogWine said...

Those mini fruit tarts are too cute! :) LOVE IT!

Holly said...

I love how you made personalized salads! That's got me thinking what "The Holly" would be...definitely random, I'm sure. ;-)

It sounds like you had a great weekend. I saw "The Hangover," too - SO funny!

Have a great day, girlie!

Anne said...

Yum, I love the WF salad bar! They always have so many delicious things. That beach looks so pretty, and those salads look great!

Have a lovely Monday!

CaSaundraLeigh said...

We have a brewery like that in MN called Granite City and it has the real "industrial" look too. Plus they claim to have the "best beer", but doesn't every place say that haha? My week is going to be EXTREMELY busy! We have to prepare the house for family that is staying and finish up last min things for my grad party this Saturday!

Yum Yucky said...

I saw some pre-made edamame salad at the store yesterday. It looked so gross! I've gotta hunt for this stuff by itself.

As for the shrimp. I call them "skrimps", and I wanna eat all of them!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Those are some really awesome looking salads! Yum!

Bec said...

wow sounds like a great weekend! Love the shrimp!

Esi said...

I'm glad you had such a good weekend. My week is not looking so great. Can't say I am happy about it being Monday. Hope you have a great one!

Healthy Beach Bum said...

hi there! just found your site :) those salads are lookin fabulous-o!
That baked tomato w/ cheese from the salad bar looks pretty dang delicious. This week I need to wash my car.... lol. Other than that not to sure:)

Maria said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! I love loading tons of goodies on my salads! I never get sick of salads because there are so many fun toppings! My week is just busy with work stuff, I hope it goes fast:)

Alison Can Read said...

Those desserts look great! And I love all the salads. "Erica" is especially colorful.

Diana said...

Don't you love the salad bar at Whole Foods? It's a very dangerous place for veggie lovers! :)

chandra said...

I saw The Hangover on Thursday - it was great!!

I don't have too much going on this week, but I'm going river tubing this weekend!

The Blonde Duck said...

Any place that serves fried pickles on a sandwich is all right for me!

teresa said...

Hangover was hilarious! What a fun weekend with some delicious food!

carla said...

OOOH my mouth *waters* at the Josh!!

Diana said...

Do you know, I think I've been to that restaurant in Charleston! It was years ago but I totally got a mad flashback looking at your pictures! I love Charleston, need to go back...

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

shrimp heaven!! I LOVE shrimp!
I am actually having some for dinner! yum!

lk- Healthy Delicious said...

those mini tarts are so cute!
the brew put looks fantastic. We have a similar one here and I love it- its my favorite place to bring out of town visitors!

Krista said...

I am LOVING all the shrimp in this post! Marvelous!

This week will be busy at work..it's pay week!

Anonymous said...

haha! I like the personalized salads. And fried pickles. Oh my God. Looks tempting!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could eat shrimps after that post.

Thank you again - for the billionth time! It seriously makes me tear up when I think about what a great support blogging has become for me! You are so wonderful,an angel!!

My phone was finally charged at like 10 and all I thought about was going to bed and finishing my test corrections! I have another test tomorrow- just craziness! I need to not think about weddings for a few days at least!


I've always wanted to go to South End Brewery!

Jeff will be in charleston this weekend!

Those tarts made me want dessert!!

HangryPants said...

Fun salads! I love the little desserts you each got for just $1!

Anonymous said...

your salads are so yummy looking! and those desserts are adorable :)

Eyebee said...

I've been much less than impressed with the food the last few times I've been to the Southend Brwery. The beer is good still.

Anonymous said...

My week looks like a lot of eating out! ahhhh. A little overwhelming...but fun!

Shrimp on salad is awesome!!! I go crazy at WF salad bars because who has time to make all those elaborate toppings at home?!?! My wallet suffers. hahaha

I had pulled pork sandwich toooo!! But mine was not fancy shmancy like Josh's. :P Hope you're doing well Erica!!!

Maris said...

Your salads look so fresh and tasty! Where were you in Charleston? I've been there before and am going again this summer, I love it and can't wait!

Rose said...

Your weekend looks jampacked and certainly fun!

I Run for Fun said...

How do your salads look so delicious???

Anonymous said...

Wow I want a salad BAD now!!! MMMMMMmmm. Have a great day :-)

Sweetie Pie said...

I love the tiny fruit desserts, and the salads look awesome. I'm so jealous of the beach!!!!

I'm going to have a busy week at work and a busy week at home too. I'll be glad for the weekend to get here... and it's only Tuesday. LOL!

GiGi said...

You still doing clean eating? I live by it!! It's spectacular!! Oh and by the way, this is my first time to your site and it's great!!

mtbcy said...

Thank you for the encouraging comments- it is so wonderful to get such positive feedback! I am back on track this week :) The whole foods "beast" looks awesome!

Stacy said...

ooh, love charleston, so jealous!

lauren said...

charleston! I have never been, but I may get to travel there some for my new job...if we win this one contract!