Saturday, September 12, 2009

Les Mills Quarterly, Greek Food Deliciousness

Hope you're having an incredible weekend. Mine has been good but exhausting! Last night, we drove up to Columbia for the Les Mills Quarterly. When we arrived, we had dinner at a Greek restaurant right next to our hotel. I LOVE Greek restaurants, as they offer SO many yummy vegetarian options. Here's a picture of me and my friend Kristen at the restaurant:


I had snacked in the car, so I just ordered the Tabbouleh for dinner. It was incredible:



After we finished dinner, we headed for bed. We got up bright and early at 5:15 and headed to the gym for pump. The room was setup and empty when we got there:


This looks like a lot of steps, but it was actually the smallest quarterly I have ever been to! The day was AMAZING. I am super excited about all of the new releases! This set of releases is dedicated to breast cancer awareness (especially Body Step) and I think that is just so incredible/special! We ended up cutting out a little early because we were all exhausted but I ended up taking Body Pump, Body Step, Body Vive, Body Attack, and Body Flow (which was the PERFECT way to end the day). 5 hours of group fitness classes!! My calorie burn was out of control! Here is a picture of the instructors from my gym that attended the quarterly:


We drove the two hours home and since then I've been doing a lot of eating ;) Josh and I also ran to Lowe's and to the food store (to pickup some food for the football BBQ we're hosting tomorrow!). Now its college football and relaxing time! What are you up to?


A big congrats to all the blogger chicas out there who ran races today (like Meghann and Caitlin) and good luck to Lauren and LilVeggiePatch who are running races tomorrow!

31 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

That is a LOT of cardio hours! lol I'd be ravenous. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Maria said...

Wow, what a packed day! Glad you had fun. I want to try all of the classes. I loved Combat and Pump. I was sore today from all of the squats we did! I went running today and it was nice to move my legs even though they hurt. We are watching football this weekend, I love it! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Leianna said...

Sounds like an awesome day, so much fun classes, but I'm sure hunger was out of control!
Yeah for college football!

Lizzy said...

glad you had fun girl!!!!!

classes can be so much fun, especially new ones!

Noodlegirl said...

Wow what a day for you! So glad you had lots of fun!!

Nicci said...

WOW, that's alot of fitness in one day but it looks like it would be fun. Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time :) That tabbouleh looks yummy too! My mom made some of it today actually and I'm hoping she brings some over tomorrow for me ;) Night!

Anonymous said...

That actually sounds like a LOT of fun! Classes always put me in a good mood. You probably have some serious refueling to do!

Pam said...

What a cute photo of you two...you could pass for sister's!

Enjoy tomorrow!

Yum Yucky said...

That class looks like a lot of fun! And since you do Greek, can ya pleeze tell me how to pronounce "Gyro"????

Anonymous said...

You're having so much fun there, great greek food and fun workouts! :) Enjoy~

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really fun day! I'm jealous. I was supposed to go to Six Flags but the rain shut it down.

And isn't Greek food the best?

Anonymous said...

If u read my last post- i totally made an "erica" meal ;D!! That sounds soo fun, the gym I just joined in Bost is launching Body Pump, i'm so excited to take it!

The Purple Carrot said...

That's awesome! Sounds like an exciting and exhausting day. I would love to take those classes, they sound like something I'd really like, especially body pump!

Have a fun football day!!: )

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Sounds like your weekend is going great! I have never been to a Greek restaurant, we don't have too many fancy/cuisine orientated restaurants around here. Can't wait till college is done so I can move to a BIG city!!

Amelia said...

5 hours? That's incredible! Sounds like an exciting day though! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and your BBQ!

Krista said...

5 hours of cardio would do me in! You're awesome and I can understand how you'd be starving! Have a great BBQ!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Greek restaurants are the best when it comes to veggie dish! That tabbouleh looks great!

That day sounds tiring but awesome!! 5 hours?! You're a champ! I hope that you get to take it easy today :)

Enjoy your BBQ!!

KingGyros Greek Restaurant said...

Tabouleh looks good! Greek restaurants have many other choices that are truly Greek. Tabouleh is really Lebanese.

teresa said...

oh my goodness, i bet you slept so good that night, what a day of exercise, i bet it was fun though, especially when you have good company!

My Peace Of Food said...

Watching Spanish cooking shows and looking forward to a Bears season opener party this afternoon. Going to get a flu shot in between!

Jenna said...

You must be starving! After my long run yesterday, I couldn't stop shoving food in my mouth :)

Love that you are relaxing and watching college football. It is probably my favorite thing to do this time of the year. My Gophers won last night!!

Therese said...

HOLY BODY PUMP! I would have loved getting such a workout with all the high energy instructors...its like a workout on crack! So much energy lol.

I bet you are beat...hope you refueled after the mega calorie burn :)

janetha said...

LOVE greek food! yum! you guys are super cute in that photo. sounds like it was an intense day, in a good way :)

fittingbackin said...

5 straight hours of fitness classes??!! Wowza! Glad you had such a good time - sounds so fun! I love Greek food too - we got gyros last night and they were FAB!

Lori said...

I'm a big Greek food fan too. Looks like a fun weekend of exercise. Even though we are traveling a lot and can't watch much, I'm so glad it is college football season. I love this time of year!

Julie said...

holy cardio! that's so fun :)

mmm I love love love greek too!

hope you had a fun weekend filled with LOTS of good football :)

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

Holy crap that's a lot of classes! Way to go. It sounds like you had a blast:D

Tra said...

hahha i've joined cereal shredded oats anon. =D but no more after today (finished the box, so i think i'll be good.) omg last night i got 8 full hours and today i still took a long delicious nap. =D so yeah, i'm getting more rest! =D

Deva (Voracious Vorilee) said...

That is a lot of exercise! I'd be hungry and sleepy by the end of the day! I'm glad you had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

WOW that's a mayjuh calorie burn! Hope you're enjoying making up for it!
Love when you include pictures of you :)