Now, I’m doing a few things around the house and getting ready for our dinner out.
I make sandwiches for Josh for lunch almost every day (when there aren’t leftovers to be eaten). Josh loves more meat/cheese and less bread so when I saw these new Flat Out Fold Its, I knew he’d love them. Here are a few pictures prior to sammie making:
Josh thought the flat out fold its were pretty tasty! He likes how thin they are and noted that it was nice and doughy! I will defintely be rotating these in with his usual Arnold's Thins.
I wanted to use this post to focus back in on my goals. I was pretty successful in terms of my goals from last week (one night I missed my 6.5 hour sleep goal, but I hit all the rest!). In terms of goals for this week, I am branching out a bit. I know these aren’t as measurable as some of my past goals, but they’re areas I’d really like to work on:
- Happy driving. Do you all get angry at slow drivers? I am use to a more…I guess northern mentality when it comes to driving (i.e. I gotta there 10 minutes ago so get out of my way…which is probably why I got a ticket haha) and get a little frustrated with the “Sunday driver” mentality. This week I’d like to take more deep breaths while driving and enjoy the ride (rather than stress)
- Core focus. As much as I encourage my students to make sure they suck in their belly buttons and focus on core strength during my classes….I often forget to do so. This week I will try to keep my core in mind during all my workouts
The longer term goals I had set are as follows (with updates in the parenthesis):
- RUN: Complete at least 1 race (2 would be ideal) before December (signed up for IOP Connector 10k run on October 3rd)
- RUN: Run 12 straight miles by the New Year (I’ve gotten to 9!)
- GROUP FITNESS: Train to teach a new group fitness program (signed up for Body Pump training first weekend in November- yikes!)
- EAT: Try at least 1 new restaurant a month (I tried a Greek restaurant in Columbia this past weekend, but would still like to try a new Charleston area restaurant before the end of the month!)
- FRIENDS: Have coffee with two new people/friends by the New Year (no progress…)
- JOSH: Take 1 walk a week with Josh (I have done this each week so far!)
Have you made progress on any of your goals?
Off to dinner (GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)