Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun Salads, Amazing Bread

The boys were tired on Sunday after a long weekend :) Both Josh...



and Frank...

took naps. I got the house cleaned up a bit, did lots of laundry, and then headed out to Turtle Tracks, a new coffee and gelato shop in Mount Pleasant, to meet my friend Jill.


Turtle tracks is a great little spot! I have yet to try the gelato, but it looks amazing. Although I had consumed more than enough coffee for one day ;), I managed to find room for just one more:



Catching up with Jill was a lot of fun and long overdue. When I got back to the house, I finished up some house work and gave Franky a bath. Then I got started on dinner which I knew would include the INCREDIBLE bread Matt and Kath had brought with them:





I always see Matt's creations on Kath's blog and am jealous of how good they look.....can I just say they taste at least twice as good as they look!! Matt-thank you for this, I can't wait to try the beers and rolls.

My dinner salad included some local roasted squash, peppers, romaine, broccoli and broccoli slaw, pinto beans and salsa:


Josh had a taco salad with a baked tortilla shell, spinach, squash, ground turkey, corn and pinto beans:



The rest of my night included some great TV - Next Food Network Star, Kendra, and Entourage Hope you had a great Sunday.

25 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm with you... I always seem to find a way to sneak in more coffee in my day... haha

OH I'm jealous of your bread!!! Enjoy it! It looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you get to try their bread! I agree, it always look sooooo good!

And is there every really a thing as TOO much coffee? Okay, maybe there is, but still...coffee is delicious!

MizFit said...

I love FRANKS FACE.

love.

(and can not wait to watch entourage. husband is traveling so I waited for him. I love me some TURTLE face too :))

Yum Yucky said...

I saw the word "BREAD" in my Google Reader so I had to rush over. And that's the prettiest taco salad I've ever seen.

Lauren said...

Your day was quite similar to the day in my house. The hubby spent most of it napping while I cleaned.:)

That's so nice that you had the chance to try some of the infamous Matt bread! I must admit, I'm a little jealous, it always looks soooo good!

OMG you watch Kendra too? Haha, that show is beyond ridiculous but I love it. It's my guilty little pleasure when I need a good laugh.

Have a wonderful week darling!

Krista said...

Turtle Tracks....what a great name!

The bread certainly does look fabulous...as does your salad creation!

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Oh how I miss my bulldog now that I moved away--they're truly the best! I have never tried gelato, which I probably should because I am Italian! =)

Alison Can Read said...

You dinner looks fabulous! I love big, fancy salads.

allijag said...

Awww - I love how cute BOTH of your boys are when they are nappin' :)

Glad you guys had such a great weekend! (and only SLIGHTLY jealous) ;P

K from ksgoodeats said...

Your salad and that bread look A-mazing!

Frankster!! I love him!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

sooooooo jealous of you trying Matt's bread! sound you had a wonderful weekend! ;)

Diana said...

Kendra = my new favorite show. LOVE HER LAUGH!!!

Wicked jealous of your bread! Finish every last crumb!

Tina said...

Haha. I love Frank! Thanks again for hosting us this weekend! :)

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

i am laughing as i read this, because i am about to consume "just one more coffee" haha! and i don't even drink it HOT! sometimes 2 coffees (or more) in a day is just needed!

Anonymous said...

That bread/sandwich looks amazing, and I've yet to try gelato myself. However, I've heard it's full of deliciousness.

As for Next FN Star, getting down to the final four!

Anonymous said...

Love catching up with friends!

I loved last nights episode of Food Network - they picked the right person to leave, if he's not comfortable in front of a camera, how can you do a t.v. show??

My pony is still Melissa - I think she'll take it all!

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

That bread DOES look good! I'm tired right now...those nap pictures give me a good idea...

Unknown said...

i wish i could afford hbo! hope you had a wonderful night, those salads sure do look fantastic!

Sue said...

Your dog is soooo adorable.

If you ever need a dog sitter please call!

Julie said...

oh those salads look so good :)
I'm so jealous of your coffee I want some now!

Maria said...

The bread looks awesome! Glad the guys got some rest in. Hope you have a good week!

Kath said...

Glad you liked the bread!!

lauren said...

what great pictures of your men! love it. :)

...and the weekend looked like it was a blast!

Rose said...

your weekend looked like so much fun! you were a great hostess!

Anonymous said...

ah i love a good coffee spot! and i LOVE LOVE LOVEEE great harvest bread, thers one by my hosue that i occasionally go to and its out of this world!