Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shrimpy Pasta

Happy Thursday! I decided to take tomorrow off work so I guess today is my Friday! After work today, I taught Body Step. Class went much better than Turbo yesterday :). For dinner tonight, I took inspiration from this Giada recipe, but made quite a few adjustments:

Shrimpy Pasta

Ingredients:
1 lb shrimp (uncooked, peeled, deveined, and tails removed)
1 lb whole wheat pasta
1 15-oz can mandarin oranges (stored in water not syrup)
desired amount of fresh spinach
desired amount of Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
Favorite seasoning (salt, pepper, whatever you like- I used Cavenders seasoning)

Directions:
Boil two large pots of water. In the first pot, add the pasta and cook as directed, reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, drain pasta. In the second pot, add the shrimp and cook until fully pink, drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, add in desired amount of seasoning, add in pasta, shrimp, fresh spinach, mandarin oranges, reserved cooking liquid and mix until everything is fully coated with the dressing. Top with Parmesan cheese! Enjoy!


7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Giada de Laurentiis's recipes are great; and she's quite lovely in person (and short, haha).

Erica said...

I need to know the details about this meeting :) I love Giada! She my fav on the food network

Anonymous said...

yummy recipe - i love giada too! she's so down to earth and seems so sweet!

HangryPants said...

Erica, Haha - I left an almost identical comment to yours re: Giada on Veggie Girl's website. I think that warrants a special post with pictures on VG's site.

- Heather

Erica said...

LoO (Love of Oats Acronym?)-Yes! I am glad that VG said she is lovely in person (I hate when you hear that someone who you think is so nice on tv turns out to be a real @#$& in real life!).

Hangry- I agree VG- we need a full report on this one :)

Jenn said...

Wow, you lightened Giada. I've never made a thing of hers that wasn't fantastic, although sometimes I freak about the amount of olive oil! All good things in moderation...

Girl, I can't believe you make up your own hip hop class. I'm beyond impressed. Too bad I can't come and make a fool out of myself in it! [big grin!]

Samantha said...

I love your blog, thanks for stopping by mine.
I agree Chalene created such a fun and challenging workout - I am hooked on it. Where are you a Turbo instructor?