Happy (almost) Cinco de Mayo! Do you celebrate? I’m all about anything that involves tortilla chips, so I definitely plan to do a little celebrating. In preparation for the big day, I made a filler that can be placed in a burrito or on top of a taco salad. This is easy peasy, and you can adjust the ingredient list based on your taste.
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 3-4 tablespoons diced green chiles (canned)
- Olive oil (~2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen, defrosted)
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans (drained/rinsed)
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
Add olive oil, garlic, and green chiles to either a pot or large skillet. Cook for ~ 5 minutes on medium-low. Increase heat to medium high, add beef, cumin, and chili powder. Cook meat through. Add corn, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and rice and cook until heated through.
What are you up to this weekend? I’m hoping to go strawberry picking, go to Body Step, spend lots of time with Josh & Kay, eat tortilla chips, and go for a few walks: