Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Favorite Recipes & Happenings

AHHH! Sorry for being so MIA. Last week was hectic. It was spring break week here, so I was subbing for a lot of instructors that were out of town, Josh was on travel, and Kay was sick (despite her tubes she has another double ear infection :(). But, I’m back! So other than the above, a quick run down of last week:

I did a 12 mile long run with Kaylin. I was only planning on doing part of it with her, but she fell asleep mid run and ended up making it through the whole thing! I am planning on doing another race soon, more to come:

IMG_3681

I found an awesome product at Harris Teeters that I can’t get enough of:

 IMG_3682

One of the gyms I teach at got a new stage. I taught on it for the first time on Sunday. I’m happy to report that I didn’t fall off:

 IMG_3683

I’m learning choreography like crazy because we have our Body Step & Pump launches this weekends. I’m so glad we launched Attack early, I couldn’t imagine learning another program right now.

I’ve made two new recipes this week. Stephanie’s Cheesy Spinach n’ Chobani Enchilada Bake. Pre-bake:

  IMG_3685

Post:

 IMG_3687

It looks TOTALLY indulgent, but with low fat cottage cheese and 0% Chobani, its actually pretty light! Give it a go!!

Next up, Maria’s Easy Marinara:

  IMG_3689 I think I could eat the whole pot with a spoon and nothing else! So tasty. I used some of the sauce to top a pasta, vegetable & chicken mixture:

    IMG_3694

I froze the rest. AWESOME recipe Maria!!

Last item! I received my new Ellie outfit, a very cute sports bra and pair of fitted pants.   IMG_3696Ellie recently had a delay in delivery of their March line (which is still available on the website). They sent their customers a note that included the following explanation:

“As a new company, we have had some obstacles, namely in production. The March pieces were delivered at the beginning of this month but were not up to our standards of quality. We sent them back in exchange for brand new, improved pieces that will all be sent out next week.”

I can only imagine the challenges that are encountered when you start a new business. I really respect the fact that Ellie takes pride in their clothes and sent back the initial items. Hope you consider giving Ellie a try (disclaimer: I received my outfit for free)!!  I will be testing out my new gear when I teach Attack today.

29 comments:

Krista said...

Poor Kaylin! Hope she's feeling better now. All these recipes look amazing! Homemade marinara is the way to go. So easy and delicious!

TryingToHeal said...

Ah, poor Kaylin! I'm glad to hear she's feeling better! Always a relief! I can't wait to get my Ellie clothes! I'm so excited to try out the March line!

Taylor Ryan said...

I am so impressed you can run with a stroller! Kicking butt, I gotta get moving if I want to keep up with you and your times! I love that salsa too, but Dan doesn't like black beans... boo! Congrats on not falling off the stage, I know I would have!

Annette Perkins said...

Guuuuurrrlll! You've got this! Learning attack & step would be crazy hard!! Gah! I have to learn GRIT for Monday, so I'm still learning too. Hehe :)

Lovin' that outfit! I just got mine too-and it was perf for launch on Saturday!

Beth Velatini said...

Kudos for getting that run in - good thing Baby K fell asleep! :D I still have to do my review of Elle clothes - so far behind, my damn day job keeps getting in the way of the things I want to do! Biz

Lauren Podolsky said...

sounds like your spring break was busy but so good! Loving the new spring inspired recipes. I only wish I had time to cook these days. :)

Paige said...

Poor K :( Hope she feels better now! Good luck with the launch!!

Heather said...

You have been a busy bee!
Have fun teaching tonight

Simply Life said...

oh both of those recipes sound great!

Kerr said...

I will def be trying that dip and making the enchiladas! Hope Kay is feeling better.

BroccoliHut said...

Whoa! Congrats on finishing a 12-miler with a kiddo in tow! Supermama!
That black bean dip sounds awesome--I will look for it on my next trip to the Teet.
I received my latest Ellie outfit on Monday, and I can't wait to try it out. That sports bra looks super-cute!

Stephanie said...

I hope y'all enjoyed the enchi bake and thanks for the shout out girl!!! :)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

love that outfit! I know you look amazing in it and that bean dip sounds awesome and perfect for alot of different things

Kelly said...

is that a little cut out in the sports bra? So cute! The stage = intimidating - glad you stayed on! Awesome 12 mile run with little Kay - so sweet that she gets to get out with you like that. And the recipes for the enchiladas and sauce look excellent!

Faith said...

Wow, a 12 mi run with a little one totally makes you supermom - and I'm not even kidding! You are such an inspiration. Both recipes look yummy, I think I might try the marinara! And that Ellie outfit is super cute!

itzyskitchen said...

Yes! It is a cut out! Are you on instagram? I posted a picture of me wearing it on there. Should have one up on the blog soon too. Hope you and your cutie are doing well

NewWeighofLife said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw the stage was OMG I would definitely fall off of it! lol

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Wow. That enchilada bake looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing the link :).

Blond Duck said...

What do you keep your heart rate at when you're running? I got a monitor to make sure I don't go to high (we're trying) and I don't know whether 60-70% or 70-80% is better

Heather Englund said...

Oh poor Kay! That's no fun for her or you. Way to rock out a 12 mile run! I'm going to be entering the 'learn lots of choreo realm' soon... body combat training in a few weeks! Hope the rest of your week goes by well girl!

Steph Josh said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

@ sewa mobil jakarta

onannasplate said...

Poor Kay! Lila has been fighting a cold for the past two weeks-- ugh. Sick kids are the worst.

That cheesy lasagna looks soooo good right now. Yum!

valsocal said...

Girl - I'm so hungry after this post! I hope you and your family have a great weekend.

julie said...

i've missed you! i mean i haven't been around either hahaha but what a great week! and i love that ellie sports bra - does it have a mini cape on the back?? ellie leggings are so fabulous - i honestly think they're just as legit as lululemon ones! except my black ones are a littttle faded out now. excited to hear about this new race! i've got crazy busy weekend with lots of work for our big event on wednesday and my bestie has been in labor for 24 hours now! we're waiting for her to pop little benji out! xoxo

Lea said...

I love that cut out bra top....I'm going to look on IG and see if you posted a picture of you wearing it.


Whoa mama, you are a super mommy. You do so much and still manage to take care of everything, you inspire me. I'm going to have my first solo week with the baby soon since hubby will be traveling for work for a WEEK. Wish me luck!


I love when you write about recipes you've tried, it gives me ideas and also new recipes to bookmark

itzyskitchen said...

You'll get there! Takes time to get the magic routine back in order ;). Good luck!!!

vanillasugarblog said...

the double ear infections?
I used to get them a lot as a kid.
I've read, and heard that giving kids high quality probiotics does help a lot.
Do some research on this and you'll see. Start with Dr. Andrew Weil--he has lots of good, solid advice with an all natural route.

janetha said...

I love love love my ellie gear.

Aggie said...

I tried that spinach bake too and everyone loved it! It was a winner :) (glad you posted about it on IG!)