Friday, April 26, 2013

Fleet Feet Event & Party Prep

Its been a crazy week! But…its Friday! And I’m teaching pump this morning, a great way to kick off the weekend. Or maybe Kay will teach for me:

IMG_3800

We’re having a dinner party tonight and I did most of the prep yesterday. I made three lasagnas, two Mexican and one Italian.

IMG_3801

IMG_3804 I also baked two batches of cookies. I have a few more things to do today. Lots more pictures to come.

Last night, I was invited to a VIP event at the new Fleet Feet in Mount Pleasant (the 100th store in the Fleet Feet Franchise!!). According to the website:

“At Fleet Feet Sports, you will find a welcoming environment where runners, walkers and fitness enthusiasts of all abilities receive unparalleled service and support. Fleet Feet Sports' Fitlosophy is to help you find the right ''FIT'' in every facet of your active lifestyle.

Whether you walk, run, or simply need a good fitting pair of shoes, the educators at Fleet Feet Sports will work with you to evaluate your foot’s gait and natural biomechanics to help you select a shoe that offers the best fit and function for you.”

The store is so bright and cheery:

IMG_3805

Check out the amazing wall of bras:

IMG_3806

IMG_3807

Cute dressing rooms:

IMG_3808

Fantastic shoes:

IMG_3809

Great gear and accessories. I even picked up a new Nathan Phantom pack to hold my keys, phone, shot bloks, etc while I run.

IMG_3810

They had yummy eats for the VIP event:

IMG_3811 

Kaylin ate almost every grape in that fruit bowl…. They also had a great speaker and fun prizes. If you live in the Charleston area, definitely go visit Fleet Feet!!

Kay and I checked out a little early because she was SPENT. Here we are with Christina (don’t mind Kay’s “bow head”):

IMG_3813

Enjoy your weekend!!!

15 comments:

Taryn said...

Ahh, a new fitness store? I need to check this out.

TryingToHeal said...

too bad fleet feet isn't out here on the west coast!

Sarah Keil said...

what a fun event! i always love checking out the fleet feet shops at race expos.

Christina said...

it was so good to see you and your beautiful little one! i want to go back to the store for the other events. are you going to any? i might do the 5K tonight! and i have your socks! :)

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Your daughter is such a beauty :)

Biz said...

I will have to see if there is a shoe store like that in Chicagoland - I have such a hard time finding shoes that fit, because one foot is 6 1/2 while the other is a size 8! Have fun at your dinner party - it looks amazing!

Singerinkitchen said...

Wow you have been BUSY! Lasagnas and all. I love Kay's bow head. At she keeps one on! :-)

auntie j said...

smart little lady eating all of those grapes!! what a fun event! have fun at your dinner party tonight! the food looks amazing and you're a great hostess! xox

itzyskitchen said...

Definitely! They have great shoes and adorable clothes!!

itzyskitchen said...

Some shoe brand needs to start allowing people to order shoes separately!

Taylor Ryan said...

I am loving them, went and chatted with Chris today. So excited to have the store here! I already have my next pair of shoes picked out.

Candice@bodyofamother.com said...

You have been busy!! What a fun event! You two look so cute in the last pic! kay is growing up so fast!

vanillasugarblog said...

happy weekend E!
You go to the best events!

Amanda @ Sistas of Strength said...

Sounds like a fun and exciting weekend!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Mexican lasagna sounds fantastic!! I do hope you'll be sharing the recipe :)