Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lasagna Recipes & Diva Half Marathon

How has your weekend been? It has been a busy & wonderful weekend over here. Friday night, we had our dinner party. The food turned out great (both my lasagnas and the dishes our guests brought as appetizers, sides & desserts). I used a Rachael Ray recipe for the Mexican Lasagna and used the ricotta filling from this recipe for the Italian Lasagna. I made my own version of the meat sauce.

On Saturday, I headed up to my parents to visit and so that I could be closer to the Diva Half Marathon that I ran this morning.  Kaylin, my Mom, and I headed to the expo:

IMG_3843

  IMG_3845

Then we went for a walk:

  IMG_3847

and went to dinner with my Dad, Aunt & Uncle:

  IMG_3850

 IMG_3851

I had shrimp and more shrimp:

IMG_3855

 IMG_3856

Bedtime reading with Pop Pop:

 IMG_3858

This morning, it was race time:

IMG_3863

The race started at 7:

IMG_3864

I started with the 8 minute pacer, figuring I would drop back when it got to be too much. Thanks to her awesome spirit, and the enthusiasm of two other runners, we all finished in under 8 minutes!!! My official time was 1 hour 43 minutes 14 seconds! A 7 minute 53 second pace! A BIG thank you to our 8 minute pacer:

IMG_3866

They had lots of water, fruit, bagels, and cookies (??) at the finish line:

 IMG_3867

Such a great day! A HUGE thank you to my parents for watching Kaylin during the race and for letting me crash at their house. Tell me about your weekend?

I’m ready to eat and spend lots of time with Josh & Kaylin :)!!

32 comments:

Simply Life said...

congrats on the race!!! you are FAST!

Sarah Keil said...

congrats on the race! what a great time :)

Kerr said...

You are so fast! Congrats!

Christina said...

You are so speedy!!! Ahhhh I heart you! Proud!

Caroline @ Broccoli Hut said...

Congrats, lady!!!! You are such a speed demon.

Love the top you wore to race in too!

Lee said...

Great job on the race, speedy!

Taylor @ liftingrevolution.com said...

Holy wow!! Congrats on the time thats awesome. Can't wait to hear the details! Emailing you tomorrow for coffee date!

Amelia said...

Yay! So proud of you and your awesome finish time :) The guy in the tutu cracks me up. That is awesome.

Heather said...

Wow!! You go, sister - what a PR!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

NewWeighofLife said...

Congrats on doing such an amazing race! You rock!

julie said...

what a fantastic weekend!!!! i can't believe how big kay is getting!!!! so gorgeous too!! hahaha cookies at the finish line? would have been epic if there were rainbow cookie presentation there! have a great week mama! xoo

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you!

itzyskitchen said...

aw- thank you!

itzyskitchen said...

I thought it was kind of awesome that they had cookies! Sounds like a good weekend to me!

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you! I'm hurting today ;)

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you thank you :) :)

itzyskitchen said...

That picture melts my heart! Thank you <3 <3

itzyskitchen said...

Thanks girl!

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you so much! Would love love love to do coffee soon!

itzyskitchen said...

Right?! He was awesome! Running for his Mom. There were only about 10 total guys at the race!

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you so much!

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you!!

itzyskitchen said...

Shes such a grown up! Crazy. YES- a race with rainbow cookies? I'd be all over that

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you! I love that picture too!

itzyskitchen said...

Thank you!!!

Singerinkitchen said...

Your little one is so precious! Maybe I can speed walk in a marathon. I feel bad that I am not a runner. Sounds like fun!

wearenotmartha said...

What a fun-looking fun! And as always, Kaylin is so adorable!

Sues

janetha said...

Whoop! You are one amazing runner! xoxo

itzyskitchen said...

You're the sweetest! I have good days and bad days ;)

Nutmeg Nanny said...

So fun :) your little one is so adorable, as always ;)

Faith said...

That race looks like it was so much fun! Too funny, I've had shrimp 3 times in the past 4 days!! I've totally been craving it like crazy, lol! Kay looks adorbs - love her shoes!!

Shannon Grande said...

congrats!!! what an awesome race for you :)