I had the pleasure of meeting Caroline a couple months back. She is sweet, genuine, just wonderful! She is having a baby very soon, and myself and a bundle of other of her blogger friends are throwing her a blog baby shower!
I wanted to make something that involved chocolate (her blog name contains the word chocolate after all), but something that is still semi healthy. I thought a 10 grain chocolate chip cookie would be just the thing! I used two Bob’s Red Mill products, the 10 grain and 5 grain hot cereal mixes, but you could use just one of the two if you prefer. I used this recipe as my basis and made some adjustments. I hope you enjoy it Caroline! So much love!!
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Cereal
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 5 Grain Cereal
- 1 cup white, whole wheat flour
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- 1Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup tap water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- chocolate chips (desired quantity)
- coconut (optional, desired quantity)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cereals, baking soda, and spices
3. Using a mixer, cream the butter with the brown sugar until smooth. Add the water, milk, eggs and vanilla, beating well to incorporate
4. On the lowest setting of the mixer, add the flour mix to the butter mixture, until lightly combined.
5. Using a large wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips and coconut (if using)
6. Use a cookie scoop (or rounded tablespoon) to spoon dough onto cookie sheets
7. Bake each batch for 12 to 14 minutes until the edges are beginning to brown (took me 13 1/2 minutes)
8. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool. Store in a sealed container.
I made the majority of the cookies without coconut (because I forgot it ):
I added coconut to the last batch:
These have such fun texture! Congratulations Caroline!! You’re going to be a fabulous mother!
Here are all the awesome shower links:
Healthy Food For Living - Carrot Cake Colada
Bran Appetit - Strawberry Mint Sparkling Lemonade
Baked Bree - Pancetta and Chive Quiche
Simply Whole Kitchen - Mini Quinoa Bites with Goat Cheese Pesto
Food Doodles - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Filled Whole Wheat Cream Puffs
Kevin & Amanda - Baby Cinnamon Buns
Baked by Rachel - Mini Lemon Lime Cheesecakes
Bake Your Day- No Bake Lemon Cheesecakes with Lemon Blueberry Sauce
Eat Good 4 Life - No Bake Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes
Fearless Homemaker - Angel Food Cupcakes with Whipped Vanilla Cream
Itzy’s Kitchen - 10 Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
Texanerin Baking - 100% Whole Grain Chocolate Carrot Cake Cupcakes