How has your weekend been so far? Ours has been fantastic! Friday night, we went to our local high school football game and out to dinner with Josh’s family. Saturday, we had our Body Step & Pump launches at the gym and then took Kaylin to the pumpkin patch (pictures to come!).
I always bake goodies for the other instructors on launch days. I made these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and then I made a patch of vegan almond meal pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies. I almost completely followed this recipe, with just a few alterations:
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Desired amount chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tblsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In two separate bowls, mix wet and dry ingredients
- Fold dry ingredients into wet
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto a cookie sheet
- Bake 9-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for a couple minutes on the sheet and then remove to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool completely before handling.
- Makes about two dozen cookies.
A couple pictures from the Step launch: