Did you guys enjoy your football Sunday? Ours was lovely. I started the day off with a recovery run (after my 10K) and finished it off with lots of food, football and friends & family! On the menu, I made up my baked Italian turkey meatballs stuffed with mozzarella. After I baked them up, I put them in the crockpot with extra sauce to keep them warm:
As another main, Josh’s family brought over a bundle of wings:
I also chopped up a bunch of fruit and served it with fruit dip:
and I made two batches of Sabrina’s Zaatar bread:
We also had a bundle of beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic):
For dessert, I made big Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk cookies:
And Josh’s made some delicious chocolate cookies:
So much fun!
A while ago, I posted about my goals. And now its update time!
- Get at least 75 grams of Protein a Day- I have been exceeding this most days! I have to keep track though, or I get lazy
- Drink more water! At least 80 ounces/day (extra is required for breast feeding & working out) Rocking it!
- Eat more complete meals, less random snacking Rocking it!
- Lose remaining pregnancy weight gain by Thanksgiving (~8 lbs to go! Post Pregnancy updates will be monthly now). 5 to go now! Feeling pretty good.
- Start teaching Body Pump and Body Step or Attack by the end of September Teaching Body Pump & Attack!
- Slowly increase Body Pump weight back to pre-pregnancy totals by end of December . Increased by squat, back & chest weight!!
- Focus on increasing running endurance- complete the two races I signed up for in October One down, one to go!
- Take a Bikram yoga class Not yet
- Stress less about the little things- enjoy every moment with Kaylin! We have been enjoying a LOT of time together! She loves going for walks. I still stress a little too much
- Make sure Kaylin gets in tummy time and a book reading every day. Doing PRETTY well with this. We read a book most days and do tummy time most days.
- Continue to meal plan and cook nutritious meals at least 5 of 7 nights a week. Rocking it!
- Get back to work work (mid September) I’m backkkk
- Purchase furniture for new screened in porch and living room Done!
- Pick out paint color and paint two walls downstairs Not yet
- Make weekend “dates” to see friends Doing OK on this one
- Have a “date night” in or out with Josh (and Kaylin) at least once a week Slacking on it!
How are you doing on your goals?