I knew I wanted to not only drink the coffee (I’m a Peet’s fan!), but also bake with it. I decided to play around in the kitchen and came up with a coffee chocolate chip bar.
- 2 cups dry oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Peet’s ground coffee
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oil (you could also use applesauce)
- 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitute (or equivalent- check your egg substitute container)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (first six ingredients). Add wet ingredients (oil & egg) and mix until combined (it will just come together). Spray an 8 x 8 pan with non-stick spray. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake for ~25 minutes. Let bars cool, cut and enjoy (maybe with a cup of coffee??).
You can see the coffee in there!
These turned out better than expected! If you love coffee and chocolate- give these a go! Thank you FoodBuzz & Peet's!