Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pesto Potato & Green Bean Salad & the 4th

Hooray for a four day work week! Excuse me for being a little late to the party…but, how was your fourth? We had a great day at my Aunts. I brought two easy, peasy dishes. First up, I made a potato and green bean pesto salad. This is not really a recipe, more general directions:

 

Chop up desired amount of potatoes (I used tri colored fingerlings) and green beans. Toss potatoes in a little olive oil and roast at 450 degrees for ~45 minutes. In the last 15 minutes, toss green beans in a little more oil and add the green beans to the pan in the oven. Toss vegetables with either homemade or store bought pesto. Chill and serve:

 

IMG_2475

 

I also brought an appetizer which included grapes, walnuts, dried cherries, crackers, pepperoni:

IMG_2477

and brie cheese topped with peach chutney:

IMG_2478

And pictures from the day- some of the guys on my Aunt’s dock:

IMG_2479

IMG_2480

Josh, bump & I:

IMG_2482

Food! Taco salad:

IMG_2484

Fruit, coleslaw, pesto potato and green bean salad:

IMG_2485

There were also hamburgers, hot dogs, un-pictured pulled pork, baked beans & red velvet cake (for my cousin’s birthdays):

IMG_2486

My cute Aunt & Mom in the pool:

IMG_2487

 

A fabulous day!

 

And a big thank you to Ms. Bridget who sent me the CUTEST dress for the peanut (love love it!):

IMG_2462

No comments: