A little over a week ago, I posted my first attempt at a hot, mayo-less chicken salad. Although it was pretty good, I wanted to kick it up a notch and try again. Josh suggested I add jalapenos to the mix and I decided to make it overall more Mexican-ish. I made a smaller batch as a test run and it turned out really well!! Feel free to double the ingredients. You may also want to add a little more Greek Yogurt if you’d like a creamier salad.
- 1/2 lb chicken, cooked (baked or boiled) and cubed or shredded (your call)
- 1/4 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning (I used TJs which is POTENT, so I only used 1/4 teaspoon-thanks for the awesome suggestion Julie!!)
Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This can be served in tortillas, on bread, or on top of a salad:
Couple more things!! Do you have any pregnancy related questions for Josh (i.e. how moody has Erica been since becoming pregnant)? If so, leave them in the comments and I am going to try to get Mr. Josh to appear in my VLOG!
In other exciting news, I will be working with NuNaturals in the upcoming weeks to bring a great giveaway to you guys!! Do you want to get your hands on NuNaturals products before the giveaway? Here are two ways to do it:
1. If you live in the Continental U.S., you can get FREE samples!! Just send a SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED, # 10 envelope to NuNaturals at the following location :
2220 West 2nd Ave. # 1
Eugene, OR 97402
2. You also can get a special discount on NuNaturals products through the NuNaturals website (www.nunaturals.com). When you’re on the Checkout Page, enter code BLG930 , and you will receive a SPECIAL DISCOUNT of -15% on your TOTAL ORDER. This offer is effective through September 30, 2011.
I hope the rest of your week is as wonderful as this: