I usually am not a big Sunday fan, but this Sunday was a good one! I slept in a bit (well half slept in a bit—baby to-be kept me up the majority of the night) and then headed to brunch with my parents and Josh at the Boathouse on IoP. We sat on the back porch:
Josh & my Dad:
My Mom & I:
Josh got an egg sandwich with awesome grits:
And I had a chicken salad with balsamic dressing:
It was great to just catch up with my parents!! The biscuits really MADE the meal- mmmm.
The rest of the day included a walk outside, learning Body Pump, doing a little work and relaxing. A very nice Sunday!
I wanted to share a recipe with you that is in-progress. My Mom brought an awesome hot chicken salad to our Easter celebration. Since then, I’ve wanted to make a similar version, sans mayo. Saturday night was my first attempt:
Hot Mayo-less Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken (.75 lbs)
- 1 cup diced broccoli slaw (or celery)
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts (or sliced almonds)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning (or similar spices)
- 1/2 cup plain chobani or other Greek yogurt (could also use sour cream or mayo)
Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
The result was tasty, but needs a little something more. Josh and I are going to alter the recipe to make it a little more Mexican-ish (with corn and jalapenos).
Do you wait until you have a recipe just perfect to post it?