When I got back from teaching, I cooked up my favorite canned/boxed soup- V8’s Southwestern Corn!
I love, love the flavor of this soup. I added some Crowder peas (new to me=totally yummy):
to the soup and topped it with a bit of red pepper. On the side I had a broiled tortilla and an apple (I’m sure nut butter will come later ;)):
V8 recently came out with a new addition to their line of soups, Garden Vegetable Blend. I was lucky enough to get a sample of the soup along with some other fun goodies from the company including a pedometer, lunch sack, pen, and cute notebook.
I can’t wait to try the new soup and plan to do a full review later this week. Do you want to try V8’s new soup? One lucky reader will get their own fun gift pack which includes two containers of V8’s new soup. To enter, simply provide me a link to your favorite homemade soup recipe or tell me your favorite canned/boxed soup. The contest will close tomorrow night (November 18) at Midnight. Note: You do not have to have a blog to enter! For additional information on V8’s line of soups including health benefits and nutritional stats, check out their website.
Since things have been crazy busy around here, I wanted to check in on the longer term goals I had set for myself (updates in the parenthesis):
- RUN: Complete at least 1 race (2 would be ideal) before December (I completed the IOP Connector 10K and Folly Beach 10 miler and am signed up for a half marathon in December with the Fitnessista- Goal MET!)
- RUN: Run 12 straight miles by the New Year (I’ve gotten to 11 and am set to hit 12 in two weeks!)
- GROUP FITNESS: Train to teach a new group fitness program (completed Body Pump training- Goal MET!)
- EAT: Try at least 1 new restaurant a month (I have hit this goal every month so far!)
- FRIENDS: Have coffee with two new people/friends by the New Year (no progress…uh oh!)
- JOSH: Take 1 walk a week with Josh (Josh and I were doing well with this when I first set the goal but have been slacking, I hope to get back on the boat with this one…)
How are you doing with any goals you’ve set for yourself?