Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sesame Chicken & Homemade Croutons

Boo to the weekend being over! I had a great one- we went out to dinner with friends on Friday, I practiced Bstep and went to coffee with two of my favorite ladies (Jill and Nikki) on Saturday, and did some sweet relaxing with Joshers and Frank on Sunday. Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well, did you do anything cool?

On Sunday I made my favorite chicken with salad. Sesame Chicken is a very simple and healthy (yayy baked chicken) Rachel Ray recipe. If you don't have Herbs de Provence, use your favorite herbs- rosemary, Italian seasoning, whatever you like!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_70281,00.html

I always make homemade croûtons because they're so easy and way better than any store bought brand. I cut up leftover sliced bread into bite sized pieces. Top with enough olive oil to cover the bread but not soak it. Sprinkle spices on top- I use Cavender's (Greek seasoning). Bake at 400 degrees until crispy. Just keep an eye on it and give it a stir every once in a while. I bake my croûtons in a Pyrex dish. Enjoy!

I hope the warmth continues this week! As I said before, I love spring/summer oh-so-much and can't wait for them to get here. Below is a picture of my bridesmaids and I outside after our wedding in the warm summer weather (this is another Alison Conklin (www.alisonconklin.com) picture).

No comments: