Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Chili

OK, so I’m a little behind…did you guys enjoy the super bowl? Since Kaylin was still pretty sick, we took it easy and just had a friend over. The game itself was great! I love when its a close game. I also really enjoyed the halftime show. The outcome of the game? Eh...not so much ;).

Since I knew I didn’t have to make a huge spread, I kept things simple and made up a batch of buffalo chicken chili. I also made up sweet cornbread and a batch of cookie dough balls. This, along with fruit and munchies, made up our easy game day eats.


  • 1.5 lb chicken, boiled and shredded
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
  • 1/3 cup wing sauce
  • 1 15-oz container crushed tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 2 15-oz can mixed beans, drained & rinsed
  • 3/4 cup frozen corn, defrosted
  • Toppings: cornbread, tortilla chips, cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.


Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in chopped onion, carrot, and jalapeno and cook until mixture is soft and fragrant.

Add in remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil. Bring heat down to low and cover. Let the chili cook for 25-30 minutes. Serve!

No comments: