It has been a little bit of a rough week so far. Peanut is sick. We had taken her to the doctors about a week and a half ago because she was congested. Everything checked out ok, so we went on our merry way. She seemed to get better and then all of a sudden got much worse. I think we’ve slept like three hours the last three nights. Yesterday, we went back to the doctors and found out she has RSV and a double ear infection. POOR peanut. Somehow, despite it all, she manages to smile and dance through the day. Amazing. She reminds me how wonderful life really is.
SO, to say I’ve had little time to cook is somewhat of an understatement . Luckily, I was recently contacted by HOUSE of TSANG® to try out some of their sauces(disclaimer: I received the gift set below for free). I was sent:
-House of Tsang® Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce
- House of Tsang® General Tsao Sauce
- House of Tsang® Ginger Flavored Soy Sauce
- House of Tsang® Sesame Seed Oil
- House of Tsang® Sweet & Sour Stir Fry Sauce
- House of Tsang® Hibachi Grill Sauce Kobe Steak
- Chopstick Gift Set
Each week for the next month, I will be whipping up a dish using one of the sauces and then giving away the same gift set!
Here is my first recipe using their Sweet & Sour Stir Fry sauce:
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 3/4 cup pineapple, diced (can use canned, drained)
- Desired quantity House of Tsang Sweet & Sour Stir Fry sauce (I used 3 tablespoons)
- Brown rice, cooked (optional)
Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook through.
Meanwhile, steam vegetables (either in microwave or on the stovetop).
Add vegetables, pineapple and sauce to wok/frying pan. Turn heat to low and cook for approximate five minutes (mixing and making sure sauce does not burn).
Serve as is, or on top of brown rice.
I used these beans from TJs and fresh pineapple:
Do you do takeout?