November! So crazy that its November already. Anyone with me? I can’t even start to wrap my ahead around Christmas shopping. I got nervous about this when I got a red cup from Starbucks on Tuesday:
Did you have a good Halloween? I hope so! Ours started off a little rocky. As I previously mentioned, Sunday morning, I started to feel sick. By Sunday night I had a full blown bug and was getting sick throughout the night. I couldn’t even sit up to feed Kaylin. Lucky for me, I have a WONDERFUL husband who helped me a ton. He stayed home from work Monday to nurse me back to health and to help take care of Kaylin.
By noonish on Monday, I was starting to feel better. We took Kaylin to her doctors appointment where she got measured, weighed, and got shots. She is in the 76th percentile for length/height! Clearly, she’s taking after Josh in this aspect .
We had a GREAT Halloween. We dressed up as a Mickey Mouse family:
and we had friends over and enjoyed some Chickfila:
Then we got slammed with trick or treaters. We gave out five Costco size bags of candy and also gave out beers to the parents from our keggerator. It was a blast.
And for my monthly goals update:
- Get at least 75 grams of Protein a Day- I am still doing pretty well on this one. I’m slipping on my AM protein a bit, so I need to get back in check
- Drink more water! At least 80 ounces/day (extra is required for breast feeding & working out) Still meeting/exceeding!
- Eat more complete meals, less random snacking SLACKED in October, getting back on it!
- Lose remaining pregnancy weight gain by Thanksgiving – I am still needing to lose about 5 lbs…I made pretty much 0 progress in October. I am adjusting my workouts…and random snacking. No excuses….
- Start teaching Body Pump and Body Step or Attack by the end of September –Met in September, Continued in October
- Slowly increase Body Pump weight back to pre-pregnancy totals by end of December . Increased my squat, back & chest weight in September, bumped up warm up, triceps and lunges in October, almost back to pre-pregnancy totals
- Focus on increasing running endurance- complete the two races I signed up for in October DONE!
- Take a Bikram yoga class Not yet
- Stress less about the little things- enjoy every moment with Kaylin! I think I really made strides on this in October. My favorite thing to do with Kaylin is go for walks or just make her laugh- especially when Josh joins in the fun!
- Make sure Kaylin gets in tummy time and a book reading every day. Doing great!
- Continue to meal plan and cook nutritious meals at least 5 of 7 nights a week. Rocking it!
- Get back to work work (mid September) Yup!
- Purchase furniture for new screened in porch and living room I spoke too soon on this one in September. We did get our porch furniture, but we’re still looking for living room furniture
- Pick out paint color and paint two walls downstairs Not yet
- Make weekend “dates” to see friends. YES!
- Have a “date night” in or out with Josh (and Kaylin) at least once a week. Doing better than September on this one…but still slacking a bit.
My main goals moving forward are to drop the excessive snacking and finish off this weight loss! I also need to work on the house decorations more.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Reminder (sorry!): And, If you have a minute…Remember how Josh and I went on our babymoon in Jamaica? We stayed (for the second time) at a resort we LOVE- Secrets! I just entered a contest to win a free trip back to a Secrets resort. You can vote for my babymoon bump photo here. You can vote once a day (so I may be posting annoying reminders for a while) Thank youuuuuuuuuu!