mmm… Greek yogurt. Its totally delicious and protein packed- what could be better? Once I get this whole lactose issue figured out…I will find a way to get it BACK in my life!! The other day, I received an awesome package from Chobani. They now have 32 oz containers of their plain Chobani goodness (both 0 and 2% fat!):
I did a little dance when I opened the package (disclaimer: I received these products for free). Another great item in the package? This Chobani conversion magnet that shows how you can healthify your baking and cooking with Chobani.
Since Josh had a “mans day” coming up, I knew I could use the Chobani in a yummy & healthier baked good for the boys to enjoy. I decided to make a chocolate chunk bread based on this cinnamon chip bread recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or half WW half AP)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Chobani yogurt
- 1/3 cup egg whites (or two eggs)
- 1 cup Chocolate chunks or chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with Pam.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, applesauce, butter, chobani and egg whites in large bowl. Beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Stir in chocolate chunks
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour (check it as cooking time varies by oven) or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool completely before cutting
Yum! Thanks Chobani!
On a side note- do you like Chick-fil-A? I’m not much for fast food, but Chick-fil-A is the exception. They recently added a fun widget to their facebook page. A little about the widget:
“The Cow Watches are coming to Chick-fil-A Kid’s Meals! During the holidays Chick-fil-A Kid’s Meals are featuring the never before seen Cow Watches to reach families with a simple and fun message: In your busy holiday season make sure to stop and take a few moments together as a family to spend quality “time” with one another. The Chick-fil-A Cow Watch widget is available now with fun and enriching activities, worksheets and quizzes so that your family (and readers!) can share in the holiday fun!”
And for more fun- one of you will win a Chick-fil-A calendar filled with awesome coupons (a $30 dollar value- disclaimer: this calendar will be provided for free from Chick-fil-A). Two ways to enter:
1. Check out the widget:
and leave a comment below letting me know you did so.
2. Leave me a comment telling me your favorite way to spend quality time with your family over the holidays.
Comments must be received by Wednesday, November 23 at noon. Good luck!