Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pineapple Jalapeno Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

How are you? Happy National Running Day!! Although I can’t run, run (due to my HR & the baby), I plan to get a little jog in before Body Pump this morning! Are you celebrating?

I have been busy around the kitchen cooking up more “manly” meals. First up, I used the leftover pulled pork from last week to make the men pulled pork quesadillas.

    IMG_2222

I served them with a veggie stir fry. I threw a chopped jalapeno & squash (from our garden) in a large skillet with olive oil and chopped asparagus. I also sprinkled the veggies with a little chili powder.

IMG_2218

IMG_2219

IMG_2220

On Memorial Day, Josh was craving burgers. Instead of going with traditional beef burgers, I decided to use ground turkey. I wanted to make the burgers taste a little Hawaiian and Josh and I came up with the following:

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb ground turkey
  • 1/3 cup pineapple, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 2-3 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
  • 1/3 cup bread crumbs

Directions:

Pre-heat grill or grill pan to medium high.

Mix together (by hand) all ingredients.

IMG_2239

IMG_2240 

Divide mixture into two patties. Spray patties with non-stick spray or cook on non-stick aluminum foil. Cook for ~5- 6 minutes on both sides or until cooked through.

The men had their burgers topped with pepper jack cheese and grilled pineapple slices(excuse the messy picture, the boys were in a hurry to eat ;)):

IMG_2241

We also grilled up corn! So good :)

Don’t forget to enter my cookbook giveaway!

No comments: