Baked Italian Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken breast
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (panko or regular)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pasta or tomato sauce
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with aluminum foil, placing a cooling rack on top and spraying the rack with non-stick spray (heavily).
Mix all ingredients (by hand is best!) in a ball until well combined but not over worked. Divide mixture into ~18 meatballs. Place meatballs on cooling rack and baked for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Mix all ingredients (by hand is best!) until well combined but not over worked. Divide mixture into ~18 meatballs. Place meatballs on cooling rack and baked for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve your meatballs however you'd like! They're awesome on top of a salad, a bed of steamed veggies, on top of pasta, or in sandwich form:
As a side note, I've received a couple cute items for the baby from family and friends. Josh's sister Jenny and her boyfriend got the baby an Elon (the school they both went to) t-shirt for a little later on in life. Its totally adorable (the back shows the back side of the mascot):
And Sabrina sent me an awesome set of bibs:
Two more quick items:
- Do you guys have any recipes that freeze well? I'm planning on doing a bundle of cooking (pre-baby) to freeze up for after she is born.
- The wonderful MizFit is trying to meet Ellen! Check out her post.