Happy New Year!! Hope you enjoyed your celebration :) What have you been up to? I started my New Years off right with a walk outside with my Aunt in the beautiful (almost 70 degree) weather! I also did some baking, cleaning, football watching and Josh and I went to dinner with friends.
I make a batch of granola bars nearly every week. Josh loves them for breakfast and snacks. I usually follow this recipe, but decided to switch it up this week. I saw Allie’s Coconut Carob Pecan Oatmeal bars and knew they would be perfect. I made just a few adjustments:
- Honey instead of agave
- Canola oil instead of butter
- and sunflower seeds and sliced almonds instead of pecans
One cooks note: make sure you let the bars cool COMPLETELY before cutting :). The batter:
The finished product:
They are fantastic! Thanks Allie.
I got tagged by my favorite New Yorker, Julie, to complete the “Four Things” survey…so here goes:
Four TV shows I watch:
1. I (like Julie) am addicted to Bravo- Real Housewives, Bethenny Getting Married, Millionaire Matchmaker….I could go on and on.
3. Dexter- I just started getting into this one. Josh loved it, so I started to watch it here and there….now I’m hooked
4. Any of the cooking shows on Food Network. Favorites? Giada at Home, Barefoot Contessa, Boy Meets Grill, 30 Minute Meals, Throw down
Four things I’m passionate about:
1. My Family & Friends: Couldn’t be without them! I don’t really make “resolutions”, but one of my overall goals in 2011 is to spend more time with my family and friends
2. Group Fitness and Health in General: I absolutely LOVE teaching. I also love to run & walk.
3. Cooking & Baking: Duh :). When we go on vacation, I actually really miss my time in the kitchen.
4. Animals: I’m a HUGE dog person and just love (almost) all animals to pieces.
Four phrases/ words I use a lot:
1. “Do you know what I mean?”: I think I say this 100 times a day
2. Muffin or Button: What I call Frank
3. “____ is my favorite”: I have a lot of love…
Four things I’ve learned in the past:
1. True friends always remain friends, no matter what distance is between them
2. Once a dog…always a dog….
3. No one is going to make major life decisions for you. So, if you’re unhappy, MAKE the change! Change jobs, MOVE, etc
4. Duct tape really is the answer to a lot of problems
Four places I’d like to go:
1. San Francisco – I used to live nearby, but haven’t been in ages (and Josh has never been)
2. Hawaii- I’ve been before, but really want to take Josh
3. Italy-Mostly to eat… ;)
4. Bora Bora-amazing…enough said!
Four things I did yesterday:
1. Went for a walk with my Aunt Lori
2. Gave Frank a bath
3. Watched Penn State in the Outback Bowl
4. Went out to dinner with friends
Four things I love about winter….I’ll be honest, I’m not a big winter fan…so I’m going to skip this :)
Here are my four tags: