Hope you are enjoying the weekend so far! I wanted to share a fun bar recipe with you. If you’ve been reading Itzy’s Kitchen for a while, you know that I am always making adjustments to my bar recipes to come up with new creations. This one is a Vegan Nut/Seed/Chip bar. I call it Vegan (or not) because if you add chocolate chips that contain dairy vs. no chips, non-dairy chocolate chips, or carob chips, its obviously no longer vegan ;).
- 2 cups dry oats
- 1/4 cup unbleached, all purpose flour (or whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1 cup seeds, nut & chocolate or carob chips (your choice, any combination)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil ( you can sub this out….but I think this small amount of oil does good stuff for these bars)
- ½ rounded cup apple sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray (somewhat heavily) a baking pan with non stick spray(I used a Pyrex dish)
3. Combine first 5 ingredients, break up any chunks of brown sugar
4. Add in wet ingredients and mix until well coated
5. Spread mixture into pan and press down with the back of a spoonula/spatula
6. Bake for ~30 minutes
7. Let bars cool and cut!