Sunday, February 16, 2014

Asparagus Soup & Brunch

Hello! Hope you’re having a nice weekend. Josh was on travel last week and got home pretty late on Thursday night. Given this, we decided to hang in on Friday night. I made us a green meal, rather than a red meal, for Valentine’s day. I kicked it off with un-pictured fresh pineapple and spinach salad with dried cranberries, walnuts, avocado and olive oil:

  IMG_6042 

 

For the main course, I made asparagus soup. I used this recipe, but subbed Greek yogurt in for the milk/butter/flour mixture.

IMG_6039

IMG_6040

 

The result was pretty delicious! Topped with cheese and more avocado:

IMG_6043

Saturday was spent teaching, running errands, doing things around the house, and playing with the peanut. Saturday night, Kay and I went to dinner with Mimi, while Josh and his Dad were at a basketball game

Today, we headed up to my parents for brunch. I got a grilled vegetable and egg dish that was delightful.

 IMG_6049

  IMG_6052

IMG_6053 

 

And coffee (of course).

IMG_6051

Kaylin always loves seeing her Ami and Pop Pop.

IMG_6055

 

IMG_6059

Now, I’m off to run with Kay, my friend Trish and her daughter.

What have you been up to?

No comments: