Sunday, February 2, 2014

4th Half & Super Bowl Dessert Tray

Hello! Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Are you watching the game? Who do you want to win? I’m sort of indifferent on the winner, but am excited to watch the game, the ads, and the half time show.

This weekend has been a good one. We had a low key night in on Friday. Saturday morning, I headed to Folly Beach to run my fourth half marathon, the Save the Light Half.

IMG_5925   

I was less than thrilled when I woke up to a very rainy day. It rained pretty hard for the first six miles or so, and for the last mile of the race. The course was beautiful and took us right by the beach (this is a picture from inside at packet pickup pre-race):

IMG_5926

I decided to run this half sort of on a whim. A friend of mine mentioned it to me and I figured I was trained up from my marathon two weeks ago. It wasn’t a PR, but it was my second fastest half. I ran it in 1 hour 49 minutes 13 seconds and came in first in my age group!! Yayy for smaller races :).

IMG_5927

I came home, rested, baked, and had a play date with friends. We tried Sol Saturday night for dinner. It was ok….

Sunday morning, Kay and I went for a run with friends:

IMG_5932

and prepared the rest of the super bowl desserts. I made Jessica’s chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, and chocolate covered strawberries (note: I have zero artistic ability ;)):

 IMG_5936

 IMG_5935

Enjoy the game!!

No comments: