Sunday, December 15, 2013

Weekend

How are you? Happy Sunday! Its been a pretty good weekend around here. Friday night, we hung in. I made breakfast for dinner and we just relaxed. Kaylin and I have been fighting a cold/cough all week and were happy to just relax:

IMG_5383

Saturday morning, I taught Step,did a few things around the house, and then made Jenna’s beef enchiladas for later in the week:

 IMG_5392

Saturday night, Josh and I headed to an Ugly Sweater pub crawl:

 IMG_5396

Before the crawl, we tried Scratch, a new-ish restaurant in Mount Pleasant. We just had a few light items (as it had been a snacky day):

 IMG_5397

We got the trio of dips. The salsa and guacamole were good, but nothing that blew us out of the water. Josh said the cheese dip was about the same (I’m still avoiding milk products until I get allergy tested in January):

 IMG_5398

I had the house salad with shrimp. The shrimp were done well, and the dressing was very good.

 IMG_5399

Josh also had their potato, corn and chorizo soup. Overall, we thought the meal was fine…but not memorable.

Sunday morning, we had our annual Christmas brunch with a few friends. We tried Southerly, a restaurant attached to a new specialty food store and cooking school.

 photo 1

We started with coffee, which was very good. They offered soy milk- hooray!

 photo 2

Josh had the French toast (French toast will forever remind me of the forty year old virgin…anyone else?):

 photo 3

Kay had “cakes” (but was more interested in eating my soup):

 photo 4

and I had beef soup (which was amazing):

 photo 5

We will definitely be back!!

I’m taking Kay back to the doctor this afternoon (bahhh to fevers) and then teaching pump. What did you do this weekend?

No comments: