Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Basil & Pulled Crock Pot Chicken (2 ways)

Happy July! I can’t believe we’re already (almost) to the 4th. Hope you have fun plans to celebrate. Lots of pictures/recipes to share, so I’ll try to let the pictures do most of the talking.

My parents came down on Saturday night to go to Basil with Josh and I.

IMG_4306

We started out with their delicious Basil rolls.  

 IMG_4309

For dinner, I had the Vegetables delight:

 IMG_4310

and Josh had the Pad Thai:

 IMG_4311

Josh’s parents watched Kay, so I got to eat with two hands! Amazing:

 IMG_4312

On Sunday, we had our friends Bryan and Mandi over for dinner. In preparation, I got up early on Sunday morning and threw dinner in the crock pot for both Sunday and Monday night.

BBQ pineapple chicken (for Sunday):

  IMG_4315

Buffalo pickle chicken (for Monday):

 IMG_4316

Both turned out great.

Alongside the BBQ chicken, I threw together a salad with spinach, iceberg, avocado, peaches, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. I topped the salad with a simple lemon/olive oil dressing:

  IMG_4318

cheese and pickles to top the bbq chicken sandwiches:

 IMG_4320

Roasted local squash and zucchini:

IMG_4321

Mandi brought along some beautiful fruit:

IMG_4322

And I made cookies for dessert:

IMG_4319

We had a blast hanging out!!

In other news…it won’t stop raining here.  

  IMG_4329

We’ve had weeks and weeks of downpours. Bah!

And in more happy news, Kaylin loves oatmeal as much as I do now!

IMG_4323

 IMG_4327 

Whats been going on with you? What are you doing for the 4th??

No comments: